Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Which camera is the most decent for cheapest?

Seraph

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 4:33 am
I'm starting to realize that if I want to get serious for my blog, I need to have a camera that can take decent pictures of my frugal endeavors. My current one takes ones that are relatively blurry and don't do justice to the subjects of the pictures.
However, I don't have much money to spend on a high quality camera.
What is the best decent camera I can get for the least money?

Tamiri

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 7:27 am
Will someone bring you one from Chu"L? If so you can go to search engines and enter the amount you want to spend, as a filter.

Seraph

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 7:38 am
Tamiri wrote:
Will someone bring you one from Chu"L? If so you can go to search engines and enter the amount you want to spend, as a filter.
But how do I know that it is good?
I can get from chu'l....

Tamiri

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 7:40 am
You go to search engines and read ratings and customer opinions/feedback.

wifey

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 8:33 am
I love my cannon elph. The whole line is good I think but each SD I think keeps getting better. I got kine for about $300 3 years ago but the last model (before the current one) I think usually goes on sale. Before I had a nikon coolpics and hated it.

Simple1

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 8:51 am
I think any Canon camera in the $100-200 range should take nice enough pictures for the blog assuming you are using it right - the main thing to getting good pictures is knowing how to use the camera rather than how good or expensive the camera is. The very expensive cameras are useful if you know enough about how to take advantage of the extra features you are paying for.

Seraph

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 9:04 am
Simple1 wrote:
I think any Canon camera in the $100-200 range should take nice enough pictures for the blog assuming you are using it right - the main thing to getting good pictures is knowing how to use the camera rather than how good or expensive the camera is. The very expensive cameras are useful if you know enough about how to take advantage of the extra features you are paying for.
Oh I know that a camera is only as good as the photographer. But some cameras are a piece of junk. My camera needs to be held steady for a few seconds while its taking the pic. That means any pics of kids are likely to be blurry because kids don't sit still that long. The camera I have is a peice of junk. But I don't need fancy features. Just decent.

Simple1

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 9:15 am
Seraph wrote:
Simple1 wrote:
Oh I know that a camera is only as good as the photographer. But some cameras are a piece of junk. My camera needs to be held steady for a few seconds while its taking the pic. That means any pics of kids are likely to be blurry because kids don't sit still that long. The camera I have is a peice of junk. But I don't need fancy features. Just decent.

That is why I suggested Canon, they don't tend to make junk even at the lower end. While polaroid, kodak etc. is a different story...
And pictures on a blog don't show signs of being low quality as would a picture that you are blowing up very large.

Seraph

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 9:37 am
Simple1 wrote:
Seraph wrote:
Simple1 wrote:

That is why I suggested Canon, they don't tend to make junk even at the lower end. While polaroid, kodak etc. is a different story...
And pictures on a blog don't show signs of being low quality as would a picture that you are blowing up very large.
Trust me, they do.

Have you seen these?

bnm

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 10:02 am
sounds like you need a camera with Image Stabilization, wait for american buissness hours and have a live chat with the B and H people-they are very helpful, tell them your budget and they will tell you whats good.

bnm

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 10:02 am
and for still items, a tripod goes a long way.

your lighting is awful....

Seraph

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 10:20 am
bnm wrote:
and for still items, a tripod goes a long way.
I have a tripod. But its short. And a tripod only helps if there is a place I can stand it near the thing I want to photograph.

Quote:
your lighting is awful....
Tell me about it. Flash makes it too white, no flash makes it look black. Lights on make it look like this. Sunlight gives it a glare. Its hopeless!!!

bnm

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 10:26 am
I had 2 canon cameras, I love them.... you can get a good camera in any price range. when I bought my first digital years ago Canon was the only one who had true color so I stuck to them.

Chocoholic

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 10:29 am
I have two Canons and I lovethem, they take nice pictures and are not expensive.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art