Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sleeping through the night?

amother

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 12:23 pm
My 3 month old has been sleeping through the night since 2 months. His last feeding would be around 9, then I would nurse him around 6:30 in the morning before I went to work. Recently I've wanted to get him to bed earlier, so his last feeding is now 8 and then nurse him a little before 7. He usually wakes up between 4-5, but if I give him his pacifier he falls back asleep. When anyone hears that he sleeps for such a long stretch without eating they are so surprised. Is it bad that he can sleep this long without eating? Dh is worried that he's really hungry but is too tired to cry, but before this when he was hungry he would make it very known. I'd rather not feed him when he wakes up between 4-5 because I'm worried he'll think it's morning and start his day, and he doesn't seem hungry because he falls back asleep, and when he's hungry he won't take his pacifier. Also, he's not much of a napper during the day, so not sure if that makes a difference.

Does anyone else's baby sleep through the night this young? Am I doing something wrong? He's growing nicely and gaining weight, and he eats every 3 hours during the day.

gryp

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 12:57 pm
Just wanted to warn you, it might change. These things don't last forever. Growth spurts and teething change everything.

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 10:02 pm
There isn't anything wrong with it as long as he is gaining well, and producing enough wet diapers throughout the day. every baby is different.

mamommommy

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 10:17 pm
Isn't it funny that when the babies don't sleep, we worry, and when they do sleep, we worry.
I agree with everyone else. If he's happy, gaining weight and acheiving milestones, he's just fine. Enjoy your sleep!

BeckyR

Post Thu, Apr 22 2010, 12:56 pm
As long as the doctor says your baby is healthy IGNORE EVERYONE ELSE. THEY ARE JUST JEALOUS!!Smile ( I definitely am!)
DD, my 1st was a great sleeper like that- unfortunately, haven't had that luck with the next 2.
Enjoy your sleep!

superjew

Post Thu, Apr 22 2010, 1:06 pm
OMG - count your blessings! its all ok , just like every one else said...

and again, it might change. My baby was like that...he was awesome for a month and then boom- waking up every few hrs for food. Its probably teething issues....but enjoy it for now! Very Happy SLEEEEEP

sky

Post Thu, Apr 22 2010, 2:40 pm
1. don't tell anyone. As soon as you start talking about it then it changes
2. these things change regardless. some babies stay good sleepers. But I think normally these things fluctuate - like they go through a time were they need more food and then forget that they sleep throught the night. (dd did that Smile )

lech lecha08

Post Sat, Apr 24 2010, 3:40 pm
BeckyR wrote:
As long as the doctor says your baby is healthy IGNORE EVERYONE ELSE. THEY ARE JUST JEALOUS!!Smile ( I definitely am!)
DD, my 1st was a great sleeper like that- unfortunately, haven't had that luck with the next 2.
Enjoy your sleep!

DD1 found her thumb around 7 weeks and started sleeping through the night. She would wake up starving though. DH would have to go to her first thing in the morning to change her diaper because if she saw me, she'd only want to eat. When people would ask how she slept, I would feel guilty telling them she already slept through the night
dd2 more than made up for her. She's close to 2 and still doesn't reliably sleep through the night.

drumjj

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 2:10 am
lucky u. count your blessings my daughter of 14 still dosnt sleep through
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics