Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Pear Glazed Beets

sky

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 2:12 pm
From Dining in Again (Glazed Matchstick Beets)

2 1/2 c pear nectar
2 1/2 - 3 1/2 cup water
3 T margarine
1 1/2 lb baby beets, peeled and cut into matchstick sized pieces (I used 2 1/2 lb regular beets, abt 4)
2 T sugar
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp salt

Bring the pear nectar and 2 1/2 cups water to a rapid boil (I skipped this step and just added the nectar and boiling water directly to the beets. I had to cook the recipe much longer, but didn't make a second pot dirty)

Melt the marg in a deep large skillet over med high heat. Add the remaining ingredients and mix. Pour the boiling pear nectar over the beets and return to a boil. Cook until beets are tender, strirring frequently, about 40 minuts and add remaining water as necessary (I cooked it about 2 1/2 hours but it may have been bec the nectar wasn't boiling when I added it. The liquid cooked down to a thick glaze. )

It was delicious both hot and cold.

[Per the request in the Whats for shabbos meal tonight? thread]
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes