Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Cut in mouth

amother

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 6:51 am
I just wanted to let everyone know what happens when your baby or child cuts the upper labial frenulum. Thats the little line that connects the inside of the upper lip with the top of the upper gums. I never experienced it with any of my other kids, B"h. And I hope to never experience it again. But, in case anyone does a warning- it bleeds ALOT. We have 3 baby outfits a few cloth diaper and blankets all with blood splatters on them. I was covered as well. and drips on the floor, etc. It bled on and off for about 6 hours after it happened until I finally got the baby down for the night. He was mostly acting fine, but a little kvetchy and difficult to put to sleep. So far today he has been fine, no more bleeding. This morning his dirty diaper was dark brown even though he is till mostly breastfed because of the blood he swallowed last night.
I'm attaching some pictures so you can see what it looked like.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 6:54 am
Here is a picture of the baby taken right after the one above

Bliss

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 8:11 am
I had that with 2 kids. Yes, it bleeds a lot but neither of the 2 cases bled for 6 hours. The first it happened my doctor sent me to the ER, he thought it might need a stitch just to prevent food from staying stuck there and ending in infection. But the dr at the ER said I should just be on top of it. The second time around I was smart already and just let it heal on it's own. And btw, any cut in the mouth or on the lips bleeds a lot, but they do heal quickly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics