Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Colic! what to do

nakatts

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 7:37 am
my baby is a very fussy collicy baby does anything like mylocon, gripe water... things of that sort work? if yes please tell me what u used, how and all other info needed to know (my first was nothing like this he slept and ate every 3 hrs this baby is sooooo different)

devorahh

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 7:43 am
If you are breastfeeding you may want to avoid certan foods especially dairy or coffee. My son would scream non stop for hours until I changed my diet, it's worth a try. I found gripe water helped. I bought an ergo baby and moby wrap which was a big help. Good luck. I know it's so hard!

Fabulous

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 7:44 am
Gripe water didn't work for me but a friend of mine swears by it that it definitely calms her ds. Mylecon is only if he's screaming because of gas. Didn't work for my ds. Only thing that worked was him laying/sleeping on his stomach on top of my stomach/chest. Yes, I hardly got sleep because I was afraid and it wouldn't work when dh tried it, only me

sim

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 8:21 am
gripe water really didn't help, zantac didn't help, mylicon didn't help. we eventually put him to sleep on his tummy, which helped a bit. the best thing you can do is get help for yourself -- maybe s/o to hold the baby for an hour or two or take him/her out in the stroller -- so you can get some rest or get something done. I promise you, it ends eventually. for me, with dd at three months, and ds at 6 months. I did eliminate certain things from my diet for long periods but it made no difference either so don't torture yourself with that. Remember to eat properly, drink enough, and take all the help you can get so you can rest. the combo of screaming baby and nutty tired mama is toxic. good luck.

yaeli83

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 9:46 am
my dd was very colicky until about a monthj ago... ppl always made the comment "wow your baby has good lungs." you can imagine what I wanted to say to those ppl...

anyway we used gripe water, I didn't think it helped much until we ran out o nce and didn't buy more for a week, that week was soooo much worse. so I guess it helped at least a bit...
white noise, we would youtube the sound pf waves and rain, and swadling the baby very tightly helped us.
I know, you want to go crazy! If you are nursing, and you dont mind a bottle or two a day, I recomend pumping and letting someone else do some of the feedings when you need a break.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics