Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Goldfish!

mummy-bh

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 3:34 am
My son brought home two tiny fish in a plastic bag. Their new living quarters are a negel vasser shissel. How often does he (I!) need to change the water, and how do I do that? He also brought some food flakes home. How often do they need to eat? How much?

All advice appreciated. I would really like these fish to last at least for a little while, my son is so proud of them!

yaeli83

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 4:28 am
not sure why I know this, but we once had a goldfish that lasted three years! but thats really not normal...

Anyway if you plan to keep them in the negal vasser, I would recomend using two, one with the fish, and one to change the water. You should change the water about once a week or when it looks dirty.
If you have two cups, I would put new water in one cup and "transer" the fish, by pouring them in gently(!) from one cup to the next. Just make sure the water temp is the same in both cups.

Also they eat very little. I think give them a few flakes twice a day? I don't think more than that. One pinch about twice a day is fine Smile

Hatzlacha!

yaeli83

not sure why I know this, but we once had a goldfish that lasted three years! but thats really not normal...

Anyway if you plan to keep them in the negal vasser, I would recomend using two, one with the fish, and one to change the water. You should change the water about once a week or when it looks dirty.
If you have two cups, I would put new water in one cup and "transer" the fish, by pouring them in gently(!) from one cup to the next. Just make sure the water temp is the same in both cups.

Also they eat very little. I think give them a few flakes twice a day? I don't think more than that. One pinch about twice a day is fine Smile

Hatzlacha!

yaeli83

Hatzlacha!

yaeli83

Hatzlacha!

yaeli83

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 7:04 am
I don't know why that posted 5 times! sorry!

mummy-bh

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 7:17 am
Thanks for the reply.
I just transferred them (with most of their water, is that right?) into a see-through plastic salad bowl.
Is it okay that the sun is shining right on them, either through the window or directly? Is that too hot? Or should I find a different place to keep them?

Oy, such problems!!!!

MrsMom

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 11:24 am
Why not hit up your local pet store and get a fish bowl and some fish food?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 11:26 am
If you want to treat it right, you need a real tank, etc. Go to a fish shop. Even a goldfish is a sacred life...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics