Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
WTD w/ tons of leftover chicken cutlets..

overthehill

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 1:35 pm
Last week, I made chicken cutlets breaded in Corn flake crumbs. I usually use flavored bread crumbs which comes out delicious, but someone told me it tastes better in cornflake crumbs so I tried it----it barely got eaten. Right after Shabbos, I froze them.

What new lease on life can I give these cutlets? No one really likes them the way they are. Any ideas please?

Nomad

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 1:38 pm
cut them up and put them into a salad? with all te other stuff mixed in , family may not taste the coating...

mha3484

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 1:44 pm
Make wraps or sandwiches with hummos or bbq sauce or chicken parmesan without the cheese so just marinara sauce over the chicken. I like the salad idea that was posted above.

curlytop

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 1:46 pm
The Green Heimeshe Cookbook has a great Chicken salad with mayo, , spices, celery and pickles...
Let me know if you want the recipe

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 1:56 pm
how about pouring some tomato/pasta sauce on top and baking? a kind of chicken version of egg parmesean without cheese. Possibly toss in some fried onions, mushroom, red peppers?

I also like the wrap idea.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 1:59 pm
Make chicken sandwiches. Serve them at room temperature in buns with ketchup, barbeque sauce, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes...

goodheart

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 2:04 pm
u could make a sauce like for chinese chicken cutlet let me know if u want the recipe.
or u could saute bunch of peppers and onions add spices cut chicken in cubes saute a little.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 2:10 pm
You can place them in a pan, make a sesame chicken sauce, pour it over the cutlets, and bake until heated through.
You can then serve them as is, or slice them on their individual serving plates on the diagonal, so that they look more appealing, and so no one will know that you are reserving the unwanted food. Smile

overthehill

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 2:16 pm
ra_mom wrote:
You can place them in a pan, make a sesame chicken sauce, pour it over the cutlets, and bake until heated through.
You can then serve them as is, or slice them on their individual serving plates on the diagonal, so that they look more appealing, and so no one will know that you are reserving the unwanted food. Smile

You all have great ideas but I think my kids and DH will go for something like a sweet sauce ontop and disguising the cutlets.

How do you make a sesame chicken sauce or does anyone have a sweet sauce recipe that would fit the bill?

TIA

Liba

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 2:17 pm
I was going to suggest recooking them in sweet and sour or duck sauce. Someone sent a meal with the chicken breaded and then cooked and duck sauce and everyone loved it.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 2:19 pm
BTW, I interchange bread crumbs and corn flake crumbs all the time, especially since I can't get corn flake crumbs here, unless I make it myself Rolling Eyes . I never used to buy any of the flavored ones, I always flavor it myself.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 29 2010, 8:34 am
overthehill wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

You all have great ideas but I think my kids and DH will go for something like a sweet sauce ontop and disguising the cutlets.

How do you make a sesame chicken sauce or does anyone have a sweet sauce recipe that would fit the bill?

TIA

Try these
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....esame
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....esame

skcomputer

Post Thu, Apr 29 2010, 8:51 am
I use this for any type of leftover chicken. Saute onion and pepper until soft. Add chicken cut up in cubes. Pour sweet and sour sauce (from a bottle) on top and heat through. Serve over rice, orzo or spaghetti.

tziviakayla

Post Thu, Apr 29 2010, 9:00 am
Chicken pot pie....I did this with chicken that got slightly dry. It was in the oven for 5 minutes longer than is should have been! My family doesn't like when chicken is too dry and I didn't want to waste the food, so I found a solution!. Once in the pot pie, no one could tell the chicken was dry at all. The dish was an instant hit with both dh and all the kids!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey