Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Ground chicken for baby food

TURTLE

Post Thu, Apr 29 2010, 10:42 am
My doctor told me to give my son (6 months) some ground chicken or ground meat for protein - I dont want to fry it ---
is there any other way of cooking it?
can I boil it and then put it in the food processor with some chicken soup - to make it not as dried out?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 29 2010, 11:12 am
Absolutely boil it with some vegetables, and then blend it along with some of the veggies and some of the broth it cooks in.
The easiest, and tastiest, way to do this is to make chicken soup, and then blend some of the chicken and veggies, along with only enough of the chicken soup to make it moist.

TURTLE

Post Thu, Apr 29 2010, 11:57 am
thank you fo reyour reply! I know thats ok to do with real chicken, but its also ok to it with ground chicken?? like just put it, as a whole square, into my soup and boil it with the veggies??

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 29 2010, 12:15 pm
acs17 wrote:
thank you fo reyour reply! I know thats ok to do with real chicken, but its also ok to it with ground chicken?? like just put it, as a whole square, into my soup and boil it with the veggies??

I don't know if your doctor meant that you need to buy ground chicken and then prepare it for your baby. She probably meant to grind up cooked chicken.
But if you want to you can make meatballs from ground chicken and cook them up. I am sure you can mash or grind them once they are done.
Just putting plain ground chicken in liquid will probably create a mess and not the best texture for baby.

TURTLE

Post Thu, Apr 29 2010, 12:56 pm
but I have to put eggs in meatballs and I havent started him on that yet!

any other suggestions of how to cook the ground chicken, besides frying it - now that I have bought it!?!?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 29 2010, 1:12 pm
acs17 wrote:
but I have to put eggs in meatballs and I havent started him on that yet!

any other suggestions of how to cook the ground chicken, besides frying it - now that I have bought it!?!?

You can make meatballs without eggs. I make them with a bit of applesauce instead of eggs sometimes.
You can also make baked chicken patties or burgers with the chicken.
And of course you can stir fry it, which you said you don't want to do.

Maybe brown the ground chicken on a low flame and then add some liquid to make it softer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey