Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
How do you get blood out of a silk tie?

willow

Post Fri, Apr 30 2010, 3:15 am
How do you get blood out of a silk tie?

fiddle

Post Fri, Apr 30 2010, 3:17 am
heres one answer

Shampoo will work and warm water hot or cold will set the stain.Dampen it put on the shampoo rub it in and let it sit for a few minutes and rinse,repeat if needed
Source(s):

heres another

Clean it as soon as possible. The longer you let the blood sit, the longer it has to "set" into the fabric. You can use hydrogen peroxide, OxyClean, or any other stain remover that says on the label, "removes blood."

Whatever you do, DO NOT put it in the dryer. The heat will definitely make the stain "set" into the fabric and it might be permanent.

Bliss

Post Fri, Apr 30 2010, 7:46 am
Do you, or anyone you know, own Basic I from shaklee? That did it for me. And yes, on a silk.

louche

Post Fri, Apr 30 2010, 11:16 am
Fiddle, blood is protein. Protein cooks in heat. Protein stains, be they blood (the worst) or any other proteinaceous body fluid, has to be soaked in COLD water.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Apr 30 2010, 12:46 pm
Don't know if it's safe for silk, but Carbona stain devils have saved many an outfit in my house.

chavamom

Post Fri, Apr 30 2010, 3:52 pm
Hydrogen peroxide. That is what hospital personnel use to get blood out of clothing.

MrsMom

Post Fri, Apr 30 2010, 4:43 pm
the question is, will it ruin the silk.

jflower

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 9:55 am
I've washed my husband's silk ties with Tide with bleach. Use a basin and cold water for blood stains. Let it soak a bit until you see results. You may have to change the water and use fresh detergent. For really tough stains, I add Oxiclean (a stain remover). When stain is gone, rinse gently in cold water, and put on a hanger. Hang in the shower and let it drip. When dry, iron gently on a low setting. I've done this several times for grease stains, and it works every time. Hope this works for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics