Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Rosemary red potatoes?

Kugel lover

Post Mon, May 03 2010, 2:24 pm
Anyone have a good recipe for this?

yOungM0mmy

Post Mon, May 03 2010, 4:37 pm
I think there is one in Binah Spice it right cookbook - looked delicious, but I haven't made it yet.

Kugel lover

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 2:00 pm
Do you mind posting it?

Fox

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 2:27 pm
I don't really have a "recipe," but I've made this many times. I just mix oil, dried rosemary, and salt in a large zip-lock bag. I quarter the potatoes and toss them in the bag until they're well coated. Bake at 350 for an hour or so.

I'm sure it would be even more delicious with fresh rosemary or additional complementary spices, but I've never tried it. I will say that the aroma during cooking is very strong, but the taste isn't too strong. My kids don't particularly care for the dish, but my DH loves them.

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 2:29 pm
I use the one from Kosher by Design - the first one. I leave out the mushrooms, and last time I made it, I substituted baby confetti potatoes for the baby red ones. It looked so elegant with three different colors!

morahaviva

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 3:07 pm
I use dried rosemary, mixed into a vinegar and mayo combo, then add some salt pepper garlic powder, mix into potatoes, if I have them I lay some fresh rosemary sprigs on the top bake covered until soft,, then uncovered till tops get crispy

Kugel lover

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 12:04 pm
LilIsraeli - do you mind posting the recipe?

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 11:53 am
Kugel lover wrote:
LilIsraeli - do you mind posting the recipe?

pretty please with a cherry on the top?

farmom

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 8:18 am
From the Binah cookbook - Spice it Right by Estee Kafra (which I love by the way. Her recipes are really simple, use real ingredients, and every single one I tried came out delicious)

Mustard and Rosemary Potatoes

1/3 C Dijon mustard
1/4 C olive oil
2 Tbsp dry wine
2 clove garlic, finely crushed
1 tsp coarse salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 C fresh rosemary leaves

1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a mixing bowl
3. Add potatoes and toss to coat
4. Pour potatoes onto a large cookie sheet and spread in a single layer. Sprinkle rosemary all around
5. Roast potatoes, tossing with a spatula a few times until potatoes are crusty on the outside and tender inside, 40 to 45 minutes. serve hot

*note* you can substitute 2 tsp of dried rosemary for the fresh

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 11:30 am
farmom wrote:
From the Binah cookbook - Spice it Right by Estee Kafra (which I love by the way. Her recipes are really simple, use real ingredients, and every single one I tried came out delicious)

1/3 C Dijon mustard
1/4 C olive oil
2 Tbsp dry wine
1 tsp coarse salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400 F
4. Pour potatoes onto a large cookie sheet and spread in a single layer. Sprinkle rosemary all around
5. Roast potatoes, tossing with a spatula a few times until potatoes are crusty on the outside and tender inside, 40 to 45 minutes. serve hot

Do you know how many potatoes this is for? And what kind of potatoes she suggests to use.

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 5:19 pm
ra_mom wrote:
farmom wrote:

1/3 C Dijon mustard
1/4 C olive oil
2 Tbsp dry wine
1 tsp coarse salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400 F

Do you know how many potatoes this is for? And what kind of potatoes she suggests to use.

And are the potatoes whole or do you cut them in halves or quarters?
Would you use baby red potatoes and leave them whole?

farmom

Post Sun, May 16 2010, 4:59 am
Just saw this now.

Sorry, I must havebeen distracted, I can't beleive I left out the potatoe ingredient!

Re-do here:

Quote:

1/3 C Dijon mustard
1/4 C olive oil
2 Tbsp dry white wine
1 tsp coarse salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 lbs. red-skinned baby potatoes, cut into quarters

1. Preheat oven to 400 F
5. Roast potatoes, tossing with a spatula a few times until potatoes are crusty on the outside and tender inside, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve hot

Yield: 6 servings

TehillaHadassah

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 11:11 pm
farmom wrote:
Just saw this now.

Sorry, I must havebeen distracted, I can't beleive I left out the potatoe ingredient!

Re-do here:

Quote:

1/3 C Dijon mustard
1/4 C olive oil
2 Tbsp dry white wine
1 tsp coarse salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 lbs. red-skinned baby potatoes, cut into quarters

1. Preheat oven to 400 F
5. Roast potatoes, tossing with a spatula a few times until potatoes are crusty on the outside and tender inside, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve hot

Yield: 6 servings

How very sweet of you to type out this whole recipe. Just for that alone, (besides it sound delicious) I am going to try it. Thank you. Thumbs Up

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 12:32 am
2 Tbsp margarine
5-7 shallots, sliced
(7-10 cremini mushrooms, sliced)
1 Tbsp red wine
2 pounds baby red potatoes, as small as possible, can also be mixed with same size white potatoes, unpeeled
3 Tbps olive oil, plus extra for brushing
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
2 teaspoons garlic powder
Kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet, melt the margarine over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and mushrooms; saute for 5 minutes. Add the wine and saute for 5 minutes longer or until the shallots and mushrooms are soft and golden. Remove from heat.

Scrub the potatoes and place them in a baking pan. Brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with the rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss the shallots and mushrooms into the potatoes and mix. Drizzle with the 3 tablespoons olive oil.

Roast uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until potatoes are soft when tested with a knife. If potatoes are larger, they will take longer to cook.

Yield: 8-10 servings

*I always leave out the mushrooms, and I use my plain old black pepper, not freshly ground. I also found that it takes longer than 10 minutes to saute the shallots, but maybe it's just my frying pan.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes