Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
OMG, You will never believe what my non jewish mailman said!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Raizle

Post Mon, May 03 2010, 10:42 pm
There is a bunch of recipes on google to make it yourself. But you need to have milk powder available where you live.

im here!

Post Mon, May 03 2010, 10:44 pm
As I was doing my shopping before shabbos I came accross condensed milk. (I probably wouldnt have paid attention to it if not for you mentioning it Wink )

Mama Bear

Post Mon, May 03 2010, 11:27 pm
the biggest and most prominent dayan in williamsburg worked for a few months in the post office (not a mailman obviously)

Shalshelet

Post Mon, May 03 2010, 11:51 pm
Mazal Tov Marina!

I hope you're planning on sharing some of the goods with the mailman in appreciation.

and if you can send some my way too . . . I'm currently looking for some "milk condensed covered brownies or fudge or caramels or whatever the princess queen is planning" on making with them. LOL

Grandmama

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 12:05 am
Mama Bear wrote:
the biggest and most prominent dayan in williamsburg worked for a few months in the post office (not a mailman obviously)

There have always been and still are several heimish Jews working in the Boro Park post office. Maybe they did not deliver the mail, but they worked behind the counter.
Its a government job, that anyone can apply for. I remember one guy in the mid to late 1960's that always greeted us in Yiddish. Anyone out there from Boro Park remember him? In every area there are workers suitable for that neighborhood. The post office in Brighton Beach has Russian speaking employees, and in the neighborhood near Boro Park there are lots of chinese....etc.

Hashems Princess

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 7:10 am
I just want to let you know that I hate you!!!! LOL
and I think for your own health you should send those jars to me NOW !!! LOL

shalhevet

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 7:14 am
healthywoman wrote:
interesting thought- you ever see a Jewish mailman?

Our mailman is Jewish.

sarahd

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 7:31 am
healthywoman wrote:
interesting thought- you ever see a Jewish mailman?

Our mailman in Boro Park was Jewish. Our neighbor in Boro Park, also Jewish but not our mailman, worked for the post office.

saw50st8

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 8:26 am
Marina, you never fail to make me laugh :-)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 9:14 am
I was shmoozing with a friend of my aunt and uncle a few months ago, and they asked me if my father was the one who was a mailman...knowing my uncle, I thought he was just kibbitzing about his big brother...turns out they were confused, and my uncle does have a friend who is a mailman, so I suppose there are Jewish mailmen Smile

Mini Cookie

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 9:27 am
Marina, youre an amazing mommy! I hope Princess appreciates what you did. Tell her your friends @ imamother said you're definitely on the "Top 10 Dedicated Jewish Moms" List

marina

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 9:52 am
Ladies, ladies, Thank you for your applause. Now to the serious matters!

Now I have a huge problem. This poster who sent me the milk refuses to give her name and address for compensation. And the problem is that my rav, Rabbi Mor Al Compass, forbids me from using these jars unless I pay for them. There is a partial return address on the box, but the poster claims it is from a construction site.

What should I do? Should I send my money to the construction site, hoping that this imamother poster lives on a construction site? Or should I whine and cajole and harass the poster into giving me her address? Or should I go against my own Rav and use the jars anyway? Is there another option?

Ronit

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 9:54 am
Can princess ship me a sampling of her delicacies?

In what honor are you givin her those bottles? Birthday present? Anniversary gift? Wedding gift?

TWINNY

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 9:56 am
If she agrees you may be able to give the money to tzedakah instead.

ValleyMom

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 9:59 am
Sorry folks but I just want to know what Marina could possibly have done to get booted off the site SEVERAL TIMES!!???

And you kept coming back for more baaaaaaaaaby!

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 10:00 am
Marina, you will share the recipe?

Ronit

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 10:03 am
PinkFridge wrote:

What's a recipe gonna help if we cant get cy condensed milk ourselves? Unless imamother.com starts selling it.

We need an actual sampling.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 10:09 am
Ronit wrote:
PinkFridge wrote:

What's a recipe gonna help if we cant get cy condensed milk ourselves? Unless imamother.com starts selling it.

We need an actual sampling.

There've gotta be substitutes. Computer time's up so I can't trouble Ms. Google right now.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 10:13 am
accept it as a gift, marina.

Grandmama

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 10:15 am
marina wrote:
Ladies, ladies, Thank you for your applause. Now to the serious matters!

Now I have a huge problem. This poster who sent me the milk refuses to give her name and address for compensation. And the problem is that my rav, Rabbi Mor Al Compass, forbids me from using these jars unless I pay for them. There is a partial return address on the box, but the poster claims it is from a construction site.

What should I do? Should I send my money to the construction site, hoping that this imamother poster lives on a construction site? Or should I whine and cajole and harass the poster into giving me her address? Or should I go against my own Rav and use the jars anyway? Is there another option?

Ask her if you can send her some fudge. I doubt she will refuse the offer.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries