Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Doubt anyone can help... unless you can? Jewellery business.
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 1:48 pm
I am in a situation right now whereby I have had to relocate, I am taking care of my 18month old on my own and am trying to think of ideas to help bring in some money.

One of them being selling all that baby jewellery stuff: Where I am know one does it YET, so perhaps I could chap the chance and get in there.

But I have searched and researched online, looking for where people buy this stuff and mamish can not find it all.

I realise if anyone here does sell this stuff from home or their own business they will not want to give up their 'whole-sellers' however I can almost guarantee that I am not even in the same country as you.

If anyone could help I would be so so greatful

TIA

fiddle

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 1:53 pm
most of the stuff you can make yourself.

amother

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 2:49 pm
not like this you cant:

http://www.ioffer.com/fs_img.h.....t.jpg

fiddle

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 2:55 pm
o I thought like this.. sorry.. I guess ive been behind with the times embarrassed

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hashemlovesme

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 2:57 pm
where do you live? then we might be able to help you come up w/ more ideas. (like selling challah or sushi for Shabbos or American products in E"Y)

amother

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 3:02 pm
Hashemlovesme wrote:
where do you live? then we might be able to help you come up w/ more ideas. (like selling challah or sushi for Shabbos or American products in E"Y)

Its not possible for me to do anything food related, but thank you for coming up with some ideas.

I really like the baby jewellery thing, its uncomplicated and simple... I just need to source it.

wtvr

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 3:26 pm
Ask someone who does it in your old area. You can try contacting a company like ice.com for wholesale pricing.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 3:34 pm
This is my favorite web site. I bought from them and was very happy with my purchase. They are completely trustworthy.

http://www.youpearl.com/

They ship pear jewlery directly from china, so it's much cheaper. You can sell the jewelery here. Much cheaper than retail stores, such as JCrew.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 30 2015, 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 3:37 pm
Oops! They only have pearl jewelery for adults, but they have pearl beads you can buy if you want to make it yourself.

I see nothing wrong with selling to adults though.

The only problem is that it takes longer to ship, it took two weeks until I got it, but it was beautiful!!!

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 30 2015, 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 4:23 pm
OPINIONATED wrote:
Oops! They only have pearl jewelery for adults, but they have pearl beads you can buy if you want to make it yourself.

I see nothing wrong with selling to adults though.

The only problem is that it takes longer to ship, it took two weeks until I got it, but it was beautiful!!!

amazing website - thanks OPINIONATED, but not what im looking for.
Im just so intrigued, how do women all over brooklyn and lakewood source these things, im literally scouring online and just can find the stuff...

Simple1

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 6:30 pm
I would assume it's hard to easily find wholesalers online - if it was easy than more people wouldl try to sell them. You probably have to ask someone who sells it - that is not in your area of competition.

With that said, I am wondering about You Pearl - prices look really cheap, and the jewelry looks nice - is the quality good? and can you only by one - usually wholesale is buying in bulk. Is it for personal buying or for businesses?

Fiddle - those look nice - you made them?

sarachana

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 7:45 pm
its jewelry, not jewellery! don't worry, most people don't know how to spell it. I have a jewelry business....and I promise you that hand-making the pieces are the way to go! Go take out some books, order the beads and findings, and start from scratch! The money you could earn without the extra over head is worth it!

bobeli

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 7:58 pm
go to 47th st in manhattan, there you can find it all!
if you can't go pm me and I will be happy (bli neder) to try to help

wtvr

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 8:32 pm
sarachana wrote:
its jewelry, not jewellery! don't worry, most people don't know how to spell it. I have a jewelry business....and I promise you that hand-making the pieces are the way to go! Go take out some books, order the beads and findings, and start from scratch! The money you could earn without the extra over head is worth it!

Crazy thought, but maybe you made the same typo during your search? If so, try again. (Although usually if you spell something wrong it'll give you the "did you mean _____?" option with the correct spelling. )

I would call people that do this, not in your area, and ask them. Also, check the yellow pages - the hard copy.

Rollerblades

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 11:03 pm
sarachana wrote:
its jewelry, not jewellery!

Actually, there's a spelling difference. US spells it with one "L" and Brits spell it with two and the "E"

OP, check out Modebeads.com, you can buy all the materials to create your own jewelry there. Ive seen some friends make stunning things using their products. Baby pacifier holders and bracelets and even earrings.

Simple1

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 11:54 pm
OP, I did see some adorable necklaces suitable for kids on You Pearl.

fiddle

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 1:11 am
Simple1 wrote:

Fiddle - those look nice - you made them?

nope Smile found the pic online.. im missing the creative talent Smile

amother

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 2:41 am
wtvr wrote:
sarachana wrote:

Crazy thought, but maybe you made the same typo during your search? If so, try again. (Although usually if you spell something wrong it'll give you the "did you mean _____?" option with the correct spelling. )

I would call people that do this, not in your area, and ask them. Also, check the yellow pages - the hard copy.

I can work up the courage to call someone not in my area... I guess.

But why would they help me? Like what would be their prerogative to do so?

groisamomma

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 5:26 pm
I'm not sure if you mean real or fake jewelry. My sister-in-law sells sterling silver/gold/swarovski pearls jewelry for kids and adults for great prices. She has a big heart; she may tell you her sources. If you want to call her, PM me for the number and I'll gladly give it to you.

I dug through my emails (she has no computer, so she gets her emails to my address). Here are two wholesalers I found:

Deluxe Fashion Accessories Inc.
5522 13th Ave
718-853-4834
deluxeacc@aol.com

Morfra Designs
1365 61st Street
Brooklyn, New York 11219
718-686-8862
(I only have the email of the accountant there: leah@morfradesigns.com)

groisamomma

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 5:32 pm
Here's one more I found:

Shragy Bender
Exclusive Merchandise
5106-12th ave
Brooklyn N.Y. 11219
718-436-6988 x204
sfbender@exclusivemco.com

Hope this helps! Best of luck to you!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics