Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Need a menu for wednesday?

timeout

Post Mon, Jul 03 2006, 5:29 pm
I'm having my bil husband me and kids just need t omake a quick simple menu I have no airconditioning in the kitchen so it has to be some things I can just pop in the oven with a appetizer main some sort of side dish and desert and both my DH and bil are big eaters:)

Flowerchild

Post Mon, Jul 03 2006, 5:36 pm
chicken legs, green apples. clice the appleas arrange the chicken and apples in an oven proof dish/cassarole dish, pour honey over the chicken and apples, bake untill crispy and browny on top and chicken is cooked through.

timeout

Post Mon, Jul 03 2006, 5:38 pm
lilly about how long hour and a half?

Flowerchild

Post Mon, Jul 03 2006, 5:42 pm
yeah I think that should be enough, if the chicken is defrosted and room temp. then it should cook fast. put the oven to 350 degrees and after half hour check the kitchen. I know you dont have AC but preheat the oven while you prepare.

willow

Post Tue, Jul 04 2006, 1:03 am
Lilly sounds so good I wouldn't think to make chicken with apples

bonzie

Post Tue, Jul 04 2006, 4:00 am
for a variation of lily's you could add mustard on also for a honey mustard taste Very Happy

queen

Post Tue, Jul 04 2006, 6:33 am
another suggestion:
appetizer: 1/2 grapefruit (precut to ease scooping out for everyone) / can top with marichino cherry
OR begin with cantelope wedge (or slices w/o peel) on e/o's plate

MAIN COURSE:
meat loaf served with lots of sauce over (either) rice or spagetti, together with green beans.

green bean recipe: put frozen green beans into a ziplock bag (to mix & easily, with no mess). add a little salt/pepper and a little onion soup mix.) Prepare pan with a little oil at bottom. Pour green bean mixture onto pan, cover and bake for about 30 min. You can add baked almonds or slivers.

DESSERT: ice cream or cake

timeout

Post Tue, Jul 04 2006, 1:36 pm
Thanx eveyone these ideas are great Smile

MOM222

Post Wed, Jul 05 2006, 6:06 pm
queen wrote:

green bean recipe: put frozen green beans into a ziplock bag (to mix & easily, with no mess). add a little salt/pepper and a little onion soup mix.) Prepare pan with a little oil at bottom. Pour green bean mixture onto pan, cover and bake for about 30 min. You can add baked almonds or slivers.

Too lazy to take out an additional pot, so I'm doing this tonight. Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus