Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What can I give my 10 mo old for supper?

happy chick

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 5:27 pm
I give him chicken with a different veggie EVERY night for supper. I fell like its coming out of his ears already. what's safe to feed him for protein?

supermama2

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 5:31 pm
My 10 mo. old actually likes meat. She ate a small burger ( cut into tiny pieces of course ) recently. Even tiny pieces of cholent meat.

mamommommy

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 8:45 pm
I give my baby whatever I'm making for dinner for the rest of us - unless it contains something babies shouldn't have so early though most of my meals are fine. She just gets the mini version of it I - usually need to spend some time cutting it up into tiny pieces. If it's not a good dinner for her, then she gets leftover cholent (I mush up the meat).

sofaraway

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 11:24 pm
It's really funny, but my baby doesn't like potatoes... So no cholent for her!!!
Do you think I can give her hot dog, though?

Soph

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 11:38 pm
sofaraway wrote:
It's really funny, but my baby doesn't like potatoes... So no cholent for her!!!

NO NO NO!!! CHOKING HAZARD!!! VERY BAD!

ir itrs really cut up very very very small, once in a while its fine but its not healthy at all...
try grounded meat, spaguetti, cheeses...

mommalah

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 11:42 pm
sofaraway wrote:

Aside for the choking hazard issue, hot dog is the least nutritious food you could give to a baby. Full of nitrites, MSG, and hardly any real protein in there. Can't you jut separate out the meat from the potatos for her?
You could also give her beans for protein.

supermommy86

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 3:01 pm
I try a bunch of different food ideas, if I'm not sharing what I have set for dinner:

-Cut chickpeas in half and remove skin (causes gas). DD likes it because she can grab it herself.
-French toast (also, so that she can hold it herself)
-Fish sticks or fish patties
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics