Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Photo Book

zzzz

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 8:45 pm
I want to put together a professionally printed 8.5 by 11 photo book. I checked out shutterfly.com but they only print this size book in landscape. Anybody have experience with this and know where I can print an 8.5x11 portrait photo book?

Levtov

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 8:47 pm
Try picaboo.com

new-here

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 9:10 pm
try www.artscow.com they usually have a coupon for a free photo book and you just hav to pay shipping

abismommy

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 9:16 pm
I did a gorgeous photobook from www.mypublisher.com. Their program is very easy to use and there are a lot of page options to choose from - multiple photos, photos w/ or w/o captions, etc. You download their software and use it on your computer. When you're done, you upload the whole thing to their server and voila! You have a beautiful book in about a week.
They also have some kind of 2 for 1 promo when you sign up.

sofaraway

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 9:29 pm
abismommy wrote:
I did a gorgeous photobook from www.mypublisher.com. Their program is very easy to use and there are a lot of page options to choose from - multiple photos, photos w/ or w/o captions, etc. You download their software and use it on your computer. When you're done, you upload the whole thing to their server and voila! You have a beautiful book in about a week.

How much does one cost, approximately?

zzzz

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 9:42 pm
Thanks all for your responses. All that was mentioned so far print only in the landscape format. Anybody knows a site that prints portrait?

abismommy

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 10:10 pm
sofaraway wrote:
abismommy wrote:

How much does one cost, approximately?

About $20, IIRC.

abismommy

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 10:17 pm
zzzz wrote:
Thanks all for your responses. All that was mentioned so far print only in the landscape format. Anybody knows a site that prints portrait?

Missed that, sorry. I thought you wanted the pictures to be portrait, which you can do with this site. But I just emailed them to ask & will let you know when I get a response.

Plonis

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 11:02 pm
Winkflash has 8 x 11 portrait photo books, and now is their flat price book sale (any amount of pages, up to 100, same price). Specs are slightly different though if that's an issue - an image to go full bleed should be 8.575 x 10.7, and cut page size = 8.075 x 10.45.

zzzz

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 6:32 pm
Thanks tons, Plonis. It looks like exactly what I am looking for. I'll start working on it there. Meanwhile...

Anbody have experience with them? Or have recommendations for other sites that do 8.5x11 portrait photo books?

Simple1

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 6:49 pm
MPIX. Quality is excellent.

mamaleh

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 7:05 pm
Did you try Snapfish. I never did that size but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it as an option. There are usually coupons available.

su7kids

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 7:36 pm
mixbook.com also does 8.5x 11 portrait. You do have to have a very high quality photo to put a full page picture.

zzzz

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 8:32 pm
Thanks for your replies. Snapfish does not have portrait. MPIX looks great but they're quite expensive. Anybody know how the quality and service is at winkflash?

Plonis

Post Wed, Jun 02 2010, 10:37 pm
I'm pretty happy with the Winkflash quality.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics