Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Keeping roast pots, sw pots etc crispy

dlj

Post Wed, Jun 02 2010, 4:21 am
Does anyone have any advice as to how to keep their roast veg crispy when on the hotplate on Fri night?

I try to take them out the oven just before candle lighting, but need them to stay hot and crispy until we eat main course at least 2hrs later. I don't have one of those really hot israeli hotplates just a local brand.

TIA

ABC

Post Wed, Jun 02 2010, 4:39 am
is also want to know if there's a way to do this! I've tried not covering them, but they still don't stay crunchy.

dlj

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 3:44 pm
It's nearly Fri night - agh!! Does noone have any advice or do you just never have crispy roast potatoes?!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 3:58 pm
No way.
Only if served at room temp

Aidelmom

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 4:28 pm
have you tried leaving them in the oven?

Ima2

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 4:52 pm
try putting them in the oven uncovered until ready to eat. I'm afraid that on the hotplate, there's nothing you can do to keep it crispy. If you make the roasted potatoes on friday right before shabbos, then you have a better chance than leaving them soften in the fridge over night.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 9:11 pm
The closest you'll get is baking the potatoes right before Shabbos and turning off the oven at the Zman.
Under cook them by 1/4 of the time (for example 45 minutes if you usually bake them for 1 hour.)
Leave them uncovered in the closed oven until ready to serve.
The will be warm and not soggy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes