Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Old cassettes

Mommastuff

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 7:57 am
Does anyone know how to fix the sound quality on a cassette tape? I found many sites online on fixing a torn tape but not how to make it sound better.

Is there a company that would fix the sound and also transfer it into a computer file?

louche

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 8:54 am
There used to be kits for cleaning the tapes--check Radio Shack or a similar store--if the problem is accumulated dirt or static buildup. That will often sound like a crackling sound. If the tape has been stretched or nicked, I'm not sure anything can be done about that.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 3:48 pm
It could also be that the player isn't that high quality. It's very hard to find anything good these days.

Mommastuff

Post Sat, Jun 05 2010, 8:57 pm
louche wrote:
There used to be kits for cleaning the tapes--check Radio Shack or a similar store--if the problem is accumulated dirt or static buildup. That will often sound like a crackling sound. If the tape has been stretched or nicked, I'm not sure anything can be done about that.

I called Radio Shack and Best Buy, both of which didn't sell anything that I could use to help the tape.

zzzz

Post Sat, Jun 05 2010, 11:20 pm
I don't know about changing the sound quality of the tape but it is quite simple to transfer it to a computer file. You need to buy a cable to connect a tape recorder to your computer and you can do it yourself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics