Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Would you let your child go out like this?
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 9:55 am

LOL LOL
He's 5 and I'm so happy he likes to get himself clothing and get himself dressed, but I'm thinking that I should get him clothing. If you can't tell what he's wearing; he's wearing a turtle neck that somewhat matches the pants, but the pants are very thin, a shabbos vest that doesn't really match, socks that are upside-down (he didn't want me to fix it), and to top it all off, he put a short sleeve undershirt on between the shirt and vest LOL . Weather wise, he's fine because it's supposed to be 67 today.

Teacup9

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 10:00 am
Yes.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 10:05 am
No. Unless it was my difficult child with whom it's not worth arguing and the ikkar is that he dressed himself and is ready to go. You have to pick your battles.
However, no matter who the child, I would insist that he put on his head before he goes out the front door.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 10:21 am
Tamiri wrote:
However, no matter who the child, I would insist that he put on his head before he goes out the front door.

Yes, I did insist he put on his head and his shoes Wink . Probably if it was a school day, I wouldn't have let him, but since it's sunday and we're not really going anywhere, I don't care.

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 12:01 pm
One of my kids insisted on wearing shorts and snow boots..... It was 95 degrees out.

shopaholic

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 12:51 pm
Lol but no I wouldn't. I'm kinda particular on these things

BennysMommy

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 1:04 pm
wouldn't it be funny if we bumped into u today!

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 3:45 pm
BennysMommy wrote:
wouldn't it be funny if we bumped into u today!

I went as far as sukat david (restaurant), so unless you were in my area, doubt it. If you saw my ds, then you would recognize him by his clothing, but he didn't go that much farther than me.

JC

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 4:29 pm
Yes, I would let my kid dress that way, unless I was going to something important.

yiddishe vayb

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 6:04 pm
I'll let you know when I have a kid.... LOL on the head... I do prefer meeting people with heads on than those who left their heads at home Smile

Alef Bais

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 6:15 pm
No. Right before bedtime every night, my son picks out a top to wear the next day and I take out the rest of the matching outfit. This way, everyone is happy Smile

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 6:22 pm
Alef Bais wrote:
No. Right before bedtime every night, my son picks out a top to wear the next day and I take out the rest of the matching outfit. This way, everyone is happy Smile

I try to do that, not the night before part because I have enough time in the morning for him, but the shirt part.

ny_ima

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 6:57 pm
depends on what the reaction would be if you said No way! I would totally answer No but having a stubborn little boy who is unbelievably strong minded... I just let some things slide iykwim. every morning I lay out a choice of pants/tops and I gave him a lesson in color matching but sometimes im at a loss when he insists on a certain pair of pants or wearing his fav T 2 days in a row, if I cant point out the stains he'll fite me on it! I used to care alot but today I couldnt care less! my neighbors all know that once he's home from shul shab. he'll be found in his laid back exclusive look!

Barbara

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 7:00 pm
Hey, its a style; maybe you've got the straight, frum version of Isaac Mizrahi on your hands.

Unless we were going to visit DH's relatives, no problem at all.

mamacita

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 10:04 pm
As long as it's weather and tznius appropriate and clean (mostly) anything goes. Snow boots are a favorite around here. They should probably disappear . . .

Raizle

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 11:09 pm
No.
but that doesn't mean I would be right. LOL

shanie5

Post Mon, Jun 07 2010, 12:13 am
Absolutely.

dd, when she was 4, put on an outfit that I will try to describe. the shirt was striped yellow, orange and white. The skirt was a light green with white daisies that had yellow or orange centers. Over that went a pink jumper with yellow daisies. And 2 different colored socks! Actually, it all sort of went together, and it was so cute, that when I took her for pictures, I had her wear that outfit again. She is 12 today, and still has her own style. I say let a kid be who they want to be (as long as they are tznius and have their heads attached)

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Jun 07 2010, 12:38 am
shanie5 wrote:
Absolutely.

dd, when she was 4, put on an outfit that I will try to describe. the shirt was striped yellow, orange and white. The skirt was a light green with white daisies that had yellow or orange centers. Over that went a pink jumper with yellow daisies. And 2 different colored socks! Actually, it all sort of went together, and it was so cute, that when I took her for pictures, I had her wear that outfit again. She is 12 today, and still has her own style. I say let a kid be who they want to be (as long as they are tznius and have their heads attached)
I agree. The bolded is extremely important. LOL

groisamomma

Post Mon, Jun 07 2010, 12:46 am
I could hardly care less what my kids look like on a Sunday. The only time I put my foot down was when my two year old came out to help shovel snow on Sunday morning wearing nothing but her older brother's rainboots. Any clothes they choose are okay by me; I draw the line when it comes to no clothes. Very Happy

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Jun 07 2010, 12:59 am
groisamomma wrote:
I could hardly care less what my kids look like on a Sunday. The only time I put my foot down was when my two year old came out to help shovel snow on Sunday morning wearing nothing but her older brother's rainboots. Any clothes they choose are okay by me; I draw the line when it comes to no clothes. Very Happy

LOL at least in the winter! But oh that deserved a photo.

There use to be a little sticker which read "I dressed myself!" to the child it was a brag...to the adult onlookers it was a clue Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics