Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Am I being paranoid? Is Meshiach really almost here?
1  2  3  Next

Are you ready for Meshiach?
I hope so!  
 86%  [ 43 ]
No, not at all  
 14%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 50

mrs.morah

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 11:49 pm
So, with everything going on in Israel I am getting very nervous. Is it just me or do things seem very bad? It makes me so scared. Has it always been like this and I never paid attention? All these countries surrounding Israel that just want to wipe it off the map ahmadinejad's threats scare me to the core. n All Everyone is saying is Meshiach is almost here. As happy as I am that Meshiach is coming B"H, I'm just scared. Am I being a baby? I just keep thinking, we must to teshuvah but I am terrified of the Gogu Magog.

HindaRochel

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 12:03 am
I have long felt something in the air...really since I was a child.

Does that mean this year or 20 years? I don't know. But I feel a tension.

It could also simply be desire on my part. But I am very afraid to leave and go out of Israel for any reason.

Isramom8

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 12:18 am
Yes, things have always been perilous in Israel - read some history. Or even a historical novel like No Time For Tears by Cynthia Freeman.

We can't predict when historical world events will happen, but doing teshuva never hurts!

mrs.morah

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 12:26 am
Do you think its safer to live in Israel?

grace413

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 1:20 am
Safer than what?

I don't know about safer but I think it's better.

mrs.morah

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 1:42 am
safer than america?

why is it better? I'm not opposing what you say because I agree even though I live in America. but why do you feel that way ? I mean for some reason I know Israel is a better place to be at all times at any given time but When stuff like this happens I am afraid to even go near the world's war "hot spot"....

beilariva

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 1:43 am
I do definately feel that Moshiach is very close! Israel is the best place to be but only if you are ready to work on your Emunah. Without that things here are just too tough. There are also incredible miracles going on right in front of our eyes, like the sudden sand storm that took the ash cloud away from our shores a few weeks ago when things started to look REALLY dangerous.

I didn't even renew my passport. I don't want to leave Israel now not even for a vacation and miss all of the awsome miracles we are about to see. What a schut to be here in these times with the chance to cling on to Hashem!

mrs.morah

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 1:48 am
beilariva wrote:
I do definately feel that Moshiach is very close! Israel is the best place to be but only if you are ready to work on your Emunah. Without that things here are just too tough. There are also incredible miracles going on right in front of our eyes, like the sudden sand storm that took the ash cloud away from our shores a few weeks ago when things started to look REALLY dangerous.

I didn't even renew my passport. I don't want to leave Israel now not even for a vacation and miss all of the awsome miracles we are about to see. What a schut to be here in these times with the chance to cling on to Hashem!

But arent you scared? Like if there is an attack/war... israel is sorrounded by Muslim countries? Wouldnt you be afraid for your life? For your children? Don't get me wrong I ADORE ISRAEL but ever since I decided I am making aliyah B"H I am so afraid? Is it the yetzer hara?

shalhevet

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 2:49 am
mrs.morah wrote:
Do you think its safer to live in Israel?

I learned that not everyone from outside EY will have the merit to come here when mashiach comes. Just like the previous geulahs where many were left behind. We have a tradition that 'uvehar tziyon tihyeh pleita' - there will be a remnant in Zion.

There are/were many great people who were scared to leave EY even for a short while and even for halachically permissible reasons because they are/were scared mashiach would come while they were not in EY and they wouldn't have enough merit to get back.

imamama

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 3:18 am
mrs. morah wrote:
But arent you scared? Like if there is an attack/war... israel is sorrounded by Muslim countries? Wouldnt you be afraid for your life? For your children? Don't get me wrong I ADORE ISRAEL but ever since I decided I am making aliyah B"H I am so afraid? Is it the yetzer hara?

America is not surrounded by Muslim countries, and yet Islamic terrorists managed to kill 3000 people in one day in NYC.

You have to remember this everywhere you go, but it is especially pertinent in Israel. Hashem runs the world. If it is my time to die, then that's it. There's nothing I can do about it. I could be in Israel or America or New Zealand. It could be an accident, or a terrorist attack, an aneurysm in my brain, or I'm 119 and 364 days old. I know it sounds morbid, but that's the way I believe it is.

Of course I want to protect myself and my children. I don't just step into traffic and say to myself, "Well, chances are it's not my time to die yet." You do your hishtadlut. You get your gas masks, may we never need them. You stock up your mamad with food and water. You don't stop for gas in Kfar Hizme. And you daven daven daven daven. Mashiach is near. May we all be zoche to see the geula.

mimivan

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 3:35 am
The Lubavitcher Rebbe and others have said that the process of geulah is unfolding right now...
once this process unfolds, there is no turning back. He also said that we are seeing miracles and wonders...and while he said that in 1991, although some tragic events have happened since then, for every dark event, it is possible to see a miracle..even in Mumbai...the miraculous rescue of Moshe..etc...

in the second Lebanese war and in Gaza, the casulties were dramatically less than could have been. I remember every day there was yet another story of how a rocket slammed into a building and no one was harmed, how the way the building was hit, there was no way to explain b'derech ha teva, how losses were avoided.

The "fear" we are experiencing is designed for us to do teshuvah...and I learned that Gog and Magog is a long series of wars that started with WWI and is still going on now...

The negative prophecies do not have to happen. I learned in a shiur that the Baba Sali said that the prophecy that the non jews would take control of Yirushalaim was averted because of the tehillim said by the Lubavticher Rebbe, and was redirected into the War in Lebanon in the 80s..

We are on the march forward..

Here are some moshiach related clips with Mordechai Eliyahu r'l and reported dream about the Chofetz Chaim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQQG2HpywMk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....lated

A sefardic friend told me the mekubalim are saying Moshiach is in Israel already, but hasn't been revealed to everyone yet.

so whatever you believe from all this, it is clear that Moshiach is very much on the minds of the gadolim and the ordinary yidden in this generation...and any fear we have can be channeled into spreading this message, increasing yiddishkeit and teshuva..

shalhevet

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 4:45 am
Quote:
A sefardic friend told me the mekubalim are saying Moshiach is in Israel already, but hasn't been revealed to everyone yet.

This bit is rather weird - what is the chiddush? There is someone at every time who could be the mashiach (eg David Hamelech, Chizkiyahu hamelech, Bar Kochva etc going back to Adam Harishon). The question is if he and his generation merit him becoming the mashiach.

BTW, the title of this thread is very strange. Paranoid? Maybe it could be rephrased.

mimivan

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 4:49 am
good point Shalhevet. I dont' know the details..yes, in a sense Moshiach is always "here" in a potential state..we just have to do our best to bring it to fruition..

LeahW

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 5:07 am
1. I have heard that Yerushalayim is supposed to be the safest place for the yidden.
2. I have heard of a gadol who said that he met the person who is moshiach.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 7:21 am
mimivan wrote:

My ds told me yesterday that his friend told him that moshiach is here. His friend is sefardi. I thought that was so weird because, um, wouldn't I have heard about it and then I see this thread here. Then he started asking me questions about moshiach that I couldn't answer.

louche

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 8:33 am
It has always been like this. BY were attacked by Amalek almost the minute they left Mitzrayim, and the harrassment has continued ever since.

Is mashiach almost here? "Almost" is a relative term. In the scale of human history, or in the scale of the KBH, he surely must be...in the scale of a single human being's lifespan, who's to say?

joy613

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 8:40 am
LeahW wrote:
1. I have heard that Yerushalayim is supposed to be the safest place for the yidden.
2. I have heard of a gadol who said that he met the person who is moshiach.

and I met someone who said that he was moshiach.

happymom

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 8:58 am
it is one of the thirteen principals of faith that we have to believe mosiach will come right now... its something that doesnt come easy of course, but its something we are suppose to believe

louche

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 9:00 am
mrs.morah wrote:

Yes, it is the yetzer hara. "safety", anywhere, any time, is an illusion. It's all up to the KBH, and the KBH has a special affection for His country (which is not the US of A no matter how many Yanks refer to the hinterlands as "G-d's country"). With the proliferation of nuclear and long-distance weaponry, there is no place on the globe that can't be CH"V wiped out in an instant if the KBH lets it happen. 9/11 should have taught us that NY is no "safer" than Tel Aviv.

Scared for your life? Hon, I lived in NYC in the 1970s. While I didn't literally encounter any bullets flying around (though I did meet a fellow who was hit in a drive-by shooting and a girl whose father was murdered by a mugger), we did have some rocks come through our windows, both at home and in school; I did often say Tehillim, white-lipped and white-knuckled, waiting for the bus or riding the subway at night; I did have an episode or two in which I was sure things were going to very shortly get very, very bad indeed. And I had friends whose parents suffered the worst of the worst, I.e. the Holocaust. Can anything be worse than seeing your family slaughtered before your very eyes and being powerless not only to prevent it but even to take revenge?

But we need not be so dramatic. Traffic accidents kill more people every year than terrorism does--they just kill them in ones, twos and threes, day in and day out. Yet few people say "aren't you afraid to drive a car?" Don't let fear keep you from doing what you want to and need to do.

MommyZ

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 9:07 am
I have been thinking about this recently and DH says it's b/c I was raised Chabad lol. I think for myself I need to work on ahavat chinam. I am trying to.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics