Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Am I being paranoid? Is Meshiach really almost here?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Are you ready for Meshiach?
I hope so!  
 86%  [ 43 ]
No, not at all  
 14%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 50

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 7:33 am
I was walking in the street with my kids last week and we heard something that sounded like a Shofar. I was wondering- could that Shofar possibly be telling us that Moshiach is here? How would we know? Shouldn't something more significant happen to make it obvious when Moshiach comes?

I decided it would somehow be obvious when the Shofar is Moshiach's Shofar, so I haven't packed my bags yet- though I haven't unpacked from our last trip to Phillie yet, so I could get a head start when he really comes. Now I'm really curious though- what's going to happen? Will it be suddenly, out of the blue, or will we have a decent warning? I wish it would happen already.

gryp

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 7:41 am
via mimivan:

G-d Himself will literally hold the hand of each person, as is said in (Yeshayahu 27:12), “And you, children of Israel, shall be gathered, one by one” – and He returns you and returns with you (“And Hashem, your G-d, will return your exiles,” “He dictated Redemption for Himself so that He will return with them”).

the Lubavitcher Rebbe, (Shabbos Parshas VaYechi 5752)

I definitely feel Moshiach in the war. I did very strongly since the Holtzberg murders.

havefaith

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 7:42 am
LeahW wrote:
1. I have heard that Yerushalayim is supposed to be the safest place for the yidden.
2. I have heard of a gadol who said that he met the person who is moshiach.
I wonder if that person knows that he will be moshiach

helena

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 7:45 am
if we would know how good it is to be free, we would cry day and night for the salvation!!!
But we all have our luxury, jobs, neighbors, houses...
It doesnt seem so so bad to us!

acccdac

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 7:56 am
the world's best mom wrote:
I was walking in the street with my kids last week and we heard something that sounded like a Shofar. I was wondering- could that Shofar possibly be telling us that Moshiach is here? How would we know? Shouldn't something more significant happen to make it obvious when Moshiach comes?

in camp I was walking with friends and we heard what sounded like a shofar and one of my friends commented that maybe it was mashiach but not enough people thought it was so it wasnt. Since then every time I hear a horn I count (since its suppose to be 3 or 7 blows if I remember correctly) and I hold my breath, and hope and wish.

the world's best mom wrote:
I decided it would somehow be obvious when the Shofar is Moshiach's Shofar, so I haven't packed my bags yet- though I haven't unpacked from our last trip to Phillie yet, so I could get a head start when he really comes. Now I'm really curious though- what's going to happen? Will it be suddenly, out of the blue, or will we have a decent warning? I wish it would happen already.

so I live in CA and about a year ago me and my DH put together an earthquake kit for our family. We needed to house all the items conveniently so we put it in a suitcase in our front closet. One day I opened up my closet and saw the suitcase and thought to myself that someone will look inside and think that I have my bags packed for mashiach. I didnt mind being misunderstood because it was in a positive light but it got me thinking that if I have a bag packed for worst case scenario, why not have a bag packed for the best case scenario. I started thinking about what to put inside and everything seemed so insignificant. Even my dh tefillin seem insignificant because we would be going to EY where he can get a pair from someone else. I spoke to my high school principal about it and he said the suitcase is a fallacy, there is no real suitcase, you are the suitcase and you need to make sure you are "packed" for mashiach.

oh and in my head mashiach is coming buy september 1st because when I was trying to "plan" out having my last child I was stressing over what will happen after the baby is born in terms of work and yes I have a plan made up but I said that my plan is unnecessary because mashiach will arrive before I have to put that plan into motion, so that is september!

Isramom8

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 8:03 am
I know this site is very Chabad and I don't mean to offend anyone. But from what I understnd, we don't have to worry about the mashiach. That time will arrive when it should, and getting there is a process. The process of tikun olam should be our concern - that means improving the world, starting in our own homes and with our own daily actions and thoughts.

happymom

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 8:06 am
people think its a chabad thing. it is not. it is a jewish thing. it is one of the yud gimmel ikarim that every person must believe moshaich is coming now. The rebbe brought this into practical reachable ways for us to do this... it is not a chabad thing.

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 8:12 am
Isramom8 wrote:
I know this site is very Chabad and I don't mean to offend anyone. But from what I understnd, we don't have to worry about the mashiach. That time will arrive when it should, and getting there is a process. The process of tikun olam should be our concern - that means improving the world, starting in our own homes and with our own daily actions and thoughts.

Worry about Mashiach? Are you kidding? I'm SO EXCITED for Moshiach to come! I hope he comes today. Right now would be fine. We don't have to worry, but we are supposed to look forward to it and wait for it. When a person is Niftar, one of the first questions Hashem asks them is "Tzippisa L'Yeshua?" For me, I hope the answer will be a definite yes.

What people worry about is Milchemes Gog U'Magog, which is supposed to be extremely difficult. It may be about to happen, but I heard that the holocaust may have been it.

And just for the record, I'm not Lubavitch. I still want Moshiach now.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 8:13 am
I remember learning that either right before, during or immediately after mashiach's arrival there will be a great war involving all the nations of the world and many people will perish. According to this view the actual arrival of mashiach isn't so rosy but rather the years following, once the beis hamikdash will be rebuilt, will be the perfect utopia. And in a perfect utopia it won't matter if you came with bags packed or emptyhanded. Wink Utopia is all about everyone having everything they need and want. I like the mashal of the person themself being the 'bag' that needs to be packed.

louche

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 8:53 am
I don't think we need to worry about missing The Shofar blast or mistaking it for a kid learning oboe, the cry of a cat with its tail in a door or a baal tokea warming up for the Yamim Noraim. I think when it's the real thing it will be very obvious to all and sundry. Find something else to worry about.

mimivan

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 9:18 am
Isramom8 wrote:

according to Chassidus (I believe the basis of this is Zohar, which I dont' study directly but via chassidus...but I make hte point about Zohar so you know it isn't a "chabad" thing)..that the bringing of Moshiach has to be a bottom up process. The giving of the Torah and Creation were top down processes, initiated by G-d...bringing Moshiach depends on us...we can't just sit and passively wait...we have to initiate.

and knowing it is a a bottom up process that depends on our efforts, how can a person be justified in saying Moshiach will just come "in his time.." If one agrees with this, they would have to comit to doing something about it...like learning torah, mitzvos, tzedaka teshuva and encouraging others to do the same...

mimivan

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 9:21 am
GR wrote:
via mimivan:

G-d Himself will literally hold the hand of each person, as is said in (Yeshayahu 27:12), “And you, children of Israel, shall be gathered, one by one” – and He returns you and returns with you (“And Hashem, your G-d, will return your exiles,” “He dictated Redemption for Himself so that He will return with them”).

the Lubavitcher Rebbe, (Shabbos Parshas VaYechi 5752)

I definitely feel Moshiach in the war. I did very strongly since the Holtzberg murders.

Yes, the Divine presence went into exile along with us...so it is not just us in exile..if there is something to be done, we literally owe it to G-d to do all we can.

freidasima

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 9:50 am
My husband bless him is a litvak (I won't hold it against him, Galicianer that I am) and they eat their soup after the meat.
You know why?
In case the Moshiach comes in the middle of dinner, at least they would have gotten the meat in before they would have to leave for EY...the soup was less important!

acccdac

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 9:51 am
louche wrote:
I don't think we need to worry about missing The Shofar blast or mistaking it for a kid learning oboe, the cry of a cat with its tail in a door or a baal tokea warming up for the Yamim Noraim. I think when it's the real thing it will be very obvious to all and sundry. Find something else to worry about.

the point I was trying to make is, how do you think? are you really waiting for mashiach?

my high school principal would tell stories of R' Wachtfogel (I dont know how to spell it) from Lakewood and how if he was accidentally woken up in middle of the night his first comment/thought was "is mashiach here?"

so the point I was making is when we hear a sound that sounds like a shofar is our mind attuned to mashiach that we think it is mashiach or are we so busy with our phone call /work/ life in general that the longing for mashiach is missing. If we arent thinking that way then we need to work on ourselves to get there, to long for mashiach, to daven for mashiach, to do mitzvos that will help mashiach come.

saw50st8

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 10:17 am
I met Moshiach! He's a cute little boy :-)

Tweedledee

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 11:17 am
mrs.morah wrote:
safer than america?

why is it better? I'm not opposing what you say because I agree even though I live in America. but why do you feel that way ? I mean for some reason I know Israel is a better place to be at all times at any given time but When stuff like this happens I am afraid to even go near the world's war "hot spot"....

why? Hashe will not allow E"Y to be destroyed, but edom is gonna have to be cut down to size before moshiach and we in america are smack in middle of that bullseye. I am scared silly. I want to go to E"Y but my husband won't hear of it. my biggest fear is how to protect my children from whatever is comng

supermama2

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 6:11 pm
mrs.morah wrote:
Do you think its safer to live in Israel?

I made alyiah a week ago and I feel soooo much safer here than in the states.

beilariva

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 9:16 am
mrs.morah wrote:
beilariva wrote:
I do definately feel that Moshiach is very close! Israel is the best place to be but only if you are ready to work on your Emunah. Without that things here are just too tough. There are also incredible miracles going on right in front of our eyes, like the sudden sand storm that took the ash cloud away from our shores a few weeks ago when things started to look REALLY dangerous.

I didn't even renew my passport. I don't want to leave Israel now not even for a vacation and miss all of the awsome miracles we are about to see. What a schut to be here in these times with the chance to cling on to Hashem!

But arent you scared? Like if there is an attack/war... israel is sorrounded by Muslim countries? Wouldnt you be afraid for your life? For your children? Don't get me wrong I ADORE ISRAEL but ever since I decided I am making aliyah B"H I am so afraid? Is it the yetzer hara?

No, generally I am not afraid but that's because I try to see things in a bigger perspective. Hashem put me here and Hashem decides when I am going. The beautiful thing is that as Jews we know that this is not the end station and we are indeed going somewhere. Once you start looking at yourself as more than a body then things aren't really all that scary. You do your best to keep the mitzvoth, pray and stay safe but the rest is really up to Hashem. In the end we will all come back to be in our right place.

As for my children they are also put here by Hashem and in the end of the day He does a lot more for them than I do so I am not worried for them either. The best thing to do is to bless them as often as possible and pray as much as possible every day that they should grow up and be well and healthy. I find that as much conversation with Hashem as possible does have a very calming effect and it makes things easier to cope with on a daily basis.

RachelB

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 1:55 pm
mrs.morah wrote:
safer than america?

why is it better? I'm not opposing what you say because I agree even though I live in America. but why do you feel that way ? I mean for some reason I know Israel is a better place to be at all times at any given time but When stuff like this happens I am afraid to even go near the world's war "hot spot"....

Because it's Israel. There is Kdusha here, Beis HaMikdash was and will be here, Avraham Avinu was here and we will always be here. Why is this tiny sliver of land wanted by everyone and why does Israel survive against all odds? For us it's the safest place on earth.

chanab

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 7:54 pm
Why would you be scared of Moshiach???? On the contrary---nothing can be better! if you learn about Moshiach it will become more of a reality to you (as it should be---how does one fulfil "Achakeh lo bechol Yom sheyovo" if you don´t know what you are waiting for? Like if you´re waiting for a close relative to come visit, you´re excited. But if you don´t know that relative, you´re not all that excited ikywim...)
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics