Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
BEWARE! When you post your email address in a post.....

Mevater

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 2:21 am
Anyone can read many posts on Imamother without being a member, and those include posts with email addresses and private info (age of child...)together with any other information you offer in that post or subsequent posts. I have a Google Alert for the words Boro Park and some other alerts as well. ANYONE CAN DO THE SAME. I was shocked to find a post on Imamother that came up as a result for my Google Alert, with the OP's email address and some information about her...Even without the Google Alert, anyone can search/read many posts on Imamother without being a member/logging in.

A POST CAME UP (WOMAN LOOKING FOR A BABYSITTER IN BORO PARK) WITH THE EMAIL ADDRESS OF THE OP, SO SHE MIGHT BE GETTING OFFERS FROM WHO KNOWS WHO, WHO KNOWS WHERE.

This is potentially dangerous that we have a false sense of security bec. you're posting on a Jewish website.

BEWARE!

c.c.cookie

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 3:03 am
Thanks for bringing up this issue! You can never be too careful!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 3:18 pm
you have to ask for such information in a PM

jflower

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 5:57 pm
Thanks, mevater.

This is pretty scary stuff. We have to be really careful about the info we share publicly.

imasinger

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 6:16 pm
You can also set up a special email account just for the post, and have it be different from your real email.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics