Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
WWYD?
1  2  Next

southernima

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 8:29 am
edit

Last edited by southernima on Sun, Jul 17 2011, 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

fiddle

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 8:40 am
I would tell her that she owes me either a new sheitel or must replace the back where she damaged. tell her if not, she owes you money and youll take her to court.

MommyZ

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 8:42 am
I would try beis din first and then court. Small claims court.

Bella:D

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 8:44 am
I agree, I know its really had but it was also irresponsible of her to be on the phone while doing your hair, that isn't good professional customer service.
You can go to her and tell her the situation, 2500 is a lot of money to waste and its not like its your real hair and it will grow back because it won't thats why sheitel ladies have to be extra careful and think 10 times before cutting once.

Good luck!

el2cg

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 8:47 am
I had that twice with 2 different people. the first person cut side bangs too short when I specifically said "not short" , so she put in new hair in the front and re-cut it. a few years later someone else set my wig and decided to cut off the split ends without asking (I left the wig by her) it came out awfully short, so she offered to add hair for length....

ewa-jo

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 8:49 am
Wear the sheitel with a hat or tichel over it... Smile

That's awful though, that she ruined it. She is responsible for fixing it.

southernima

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 9:04 am
Wow! I really appreciate all of your responses. Thank you so much!

GreenEyes26

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 9:08 am
Don't be shy! Don't back down! She was on the phone while she was cutting your shaitel (!) and screwed up. She needs to fix it. $2500 is an expensive shaitel!!

Nuts

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 9:09 am
I second the idea of adding hair.

mamommommy

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 9:31 am
I would definitely complain to her and tell her that she needs to help you fix it (cheapest way probably is to replace the hair). You can threaten her if you want, but you won't win in small claims court. The courts don't hold businesses responsible for the quality of their work.

southernima

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 9:35 am
should I call today (sunday) or wait till monday?

Simple1

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 9:38 am
I would be upset. She is getting paid - she needs to not be on the phone distracted while she is doing a paid job.
That being said, did she actually ruin it? - maybe it's not your taste. I have seen lately a lot of woman getting a layered look that I'm not used to and I'm not so sure I love.

southernima

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 9:42 am
Simple1 wrote:
I would be upset. She is getting paid - she needs to not be on the phone distracted while she is doing a paid job.
That being said, did she actually ruin it? - maybe it's not your taste. I have seen lately a lot of woman getting a layered look that I'm not used to and I'm not so sure I love.

Yes, arguably you could say she did not ruin it...but everyone I've asked has said that it looks too choppy, and too layered. It looks very amateur. In addition I also said A LITTLE layering not a lot. She cut of several inches! Honestly it looks bad. I dont think its a matter of taste. It doesnt look right...and its not even EVEN.

Simple1

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 9:46 am
Tell her your're not happy with it and see what she says.

Simple1

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 9:48 am
southernima wrote:
should I call today (sunday) or wait till monday?

If she works from home, (and/or her hours include Sundays )there's no reason you need to wait for monday.

jflower

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 2:59 pm
Please let us know how it all turns out!

Good luck.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 3:09 pm
Yes, if she cut a few inches and you said just a little then she need to be held accountable. Definitely call her back. But do not be surprised if she'll just do everything to get away with it.

MommyZ

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 3:40 pm
Unless you were on Extreme Makeover- Shaitel Edition she's responsible to make it right.

supermomy

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 5:45 pm
2500 $ its a lot, u should call her and see what she offers
but fight for your expensiive sheitel

bluesclues

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 9:04 am
what did you end up doing?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels