Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Where do you print on canvas?

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 7:16 pm
Please tell me where you print your canvas stuff and if you like the quality, are happy with the service AND the price is reasonable. LOL

Thanks

Simple1

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 7:52 pm
What size are you doing? And do you mean a gallery wrap or a canvas? I didn't price around but wraps are not cheap. I made one at mpix and their quailty is beautiful. Their sides are really thick which is nice on the large sizes but never tried it in a smaller size. (A canvas on the other hand is cheaper but you would have to frame it) Did you end up needing more help with the picture?

chaniey

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 7:58 pm
canvas on demand

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 8:02 pm
Simple1 wrote:
What size are you doing? And do you mean a gallery wrap or a canvas? I didn't price around but wraps are not cheap. I made one at mpix and their quailty is beautiful. Their sides are really thick which is nice on the large sizes but never tried it in a smaller size. (A canvas on the other hand is cheaper but you would have to frame it) Did you end up needing more help with the picture?

Not sure what size. I'll go somewhat according to prices LOL.I prefer gallery wraps. I know they are not cheap, but want to know where you can get the best deals and then decide how much I can afford. If you need to frame it, it isn't cheaper any longer I think.

I'm still debating what to do about that photo. I want to do a storyboard now of some other photos.

Plonis

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 9:37 pm
Winkflash is the cheapest I've found, and they often have sales (40% off). http://winkflash.com/posters/canvas.asp

I don't know about how their quality compares, try doing a search for reviews.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 9:42 pm
I once did a canvas with winkflash on a super sale. Not worth the money IMO.

sunspot

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 10:00 pm
I did one on mpix a gallery wrap and it came out stupendous

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 10:59 am
I was going to ask a similar question, but I am really clueless about this...can someone tell me what a gallery wrap is?
(sorry, I don't mean to hijack your thread but didn't want to post a separate one about the same topic)

minnie

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 11:15 am
a gallery wrap is a picture wrapped over a -1/2"-2" board. the photo itself is bent over to cover all sides.

mpix is a good choice, where you would get the most for your money.

they are a part of millers, a very expensive top-quality lab.

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 11:31 am
Thanks. I'll check out Mpix.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art