Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Best way to reheat baked chicken that has been frozen

greeneyes

Post Thu, Jun 17 2010, 10:14 pm
These are probably silly questions embarrassed , but I never freeze baked chicken, so I'm not sure how to reheat it. Should I keep it covered or uncovered? At what temperature & for how long? Will it be ok for Friday night or should I save it for a weeknight when we can eat it immediately after reheating (as opposed to Friday night when it will spend a bit of time in the oven before we eat)?

TIA!

OldYoung

Post Thu, Jun 17 2010, 10:20 pm
What kind of chicken is it? I would let it defrost totally, and then reheat it covered... but then again, I don't know how seriously you should take me because I don't really freeze baked chicken either! embarrassed

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 17 2010, 10:50 pm
Probably stick it into the oven frozen, tightly covered, and bake and defrost.
If you can leave it for weekday night so you can eat it right away. Try to have a fresh sauce ready to serve with it.

NYmommy

Post Thu, Jun 17 2010, 11:07 pm
I freeze chicken all the time! I just put it on the hot tray covered & its delicious

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Jun 17 2010, 11:10 pm
I do it all the time.

If you are going to put it on for shabbos, you need to decide if you want it to be crispy or not. If you do, you can stick it in the oven an hour+ before the zman, even frozen, let it defrost, then uncover until it's crispy. When you put it on the blech/hotplate, cover it with a silver foil but only partially. Otherwise it gets soggy. If you don't care about it being crispy, you can simply bake it (covered, or uncovered (again, straight out of the freezer) and then place it on the blech.

I find that when I defrost it, it gets more watery.

greeneyes

Post Fri, Jun 18 2010, 6:59 am
Thanks so much for your help, ladies!

I forgot to mention that it is chicken drumsticks.

greeneyes

Post Fri, Jun 18 2010, 7:26 am
Life's great, just to clarify, it will need about 1 hour in the oven to defrost & get heated up?

Thanks so much.

life'sgreat

Post Fri, Jun 18 2010, 10:43 am
greeneyes wrote:
Life's great, just to clarify, it will need about 1 hour in the oven to defrost & get heated up?

Thanks so much.

It's hard to give you an exact time, and depending how many pieces there are and how crispy you want it to be, you might need an hour.

shaini

Post Sat, Jun 19 2010, 6:51 am
I regularly reheat frozen chicken but just make sure it has some type of sauce with it, otherwise I find it can dry out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey