Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Hair Damage from Sheitel

GramaNewYork

Post Sun, Jun 20 2010, 1:28 pm
Please let me know if you have any ideas on how to stop hair from becoming damaged by constant sheitel wearing. It is to the point where the hair toward the front of my face (what would be bangs if it was short) is so damaged that it looks like a brillo pad. For some reason I am sad about this. I always use conditioner after shampooing but it doesen't seem to help. I know that getting a haircut is healthy for hair but I'm to the point where I'm afraid if I cut this part of my hair, it may not grow back : (
l

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jun 20 2010, 7:15 pm
What about a hot oil treatment ?

mammele26

Post Sun, Jun 20 2010, 7:41 pm
Did you ask a profesional what you can do?

rea

Post Sun, Jun 20 2010, 9:01 pm
I had this with my band fall. Someone told me it was because I had a clip at the top (area of your bangs). I switched to a comb and it got much better.

GramaNewYork

Post Mon, Jun 21 2010, 6:15 am
I have not tried a hot oil treatment...not sure what it is. I wonder if it's something I can do myself.

The last two times I got my hair cut by a "professional", I thought the cut would help, but it seemed to enhance the damaged look. I didn't specifically ask them what to do which was my mistake. I always seem to be under the [clearly mistaken] impression that a professional would notice something like this and offer some advice but I guess they don't focus on anything but what you specifically tell them. I am distracted while I'm there because I don't have my glasses on and by the time I notice how bad it is, it is too late to ask.

newwife14

Post Mon, Jun 21 2010, 8:02 am
I have a nonslip headband that I wear under my sheitel so I don't have to use the combs or clips from the sheitel. It prevents the sheitel from sliding. This makes my sheitel so much more comfortable and I haven't had any damage to my hair since I started wearing it. I wear it everyday and BH have never had any problems with my sheitel slipping. I bought the headband from Milano. It might be available on their website.

GramaNewYork

Post Mon, Jun 21 2010, 8:06 am
The nonslip band sounds like a good idea because, at least theoretically, if your hair is not continually rubbing against the sheitel, maybe it would not be damaged. Thank you very much, I will check the website.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics