Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Tell Me Happy Things
1  2  3  Next

crush

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 3:46 pm
I just found out TERRIBLE news relating to my work...I don't want to specify, but I am so MAD!!!!!!! I want to cry....I need something to cheer me up. It just was so not FAIR!!!!!!!!!!
I'm really upset now.....tell me a funny story that happened to you guys today, ok? Or something cute. Or something happy. Because I keep thinking "happy thoughts, happy thought...." but it's not working. I'm MAD! Exploding anger Exploding anger Exploding anger Exploding anger Banging head Banging head Banging head

crush

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 3:48 pm
Oh that felt good to do the banging head thing. I'm gonna do some more now.
Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head

crush

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 4:23 pm
Uh, hello? None of you had anything exciting or funny happen to you today? I havta hear it!!!!!!!! Banging head

louche

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 5:35 pm
People may be hesitant to tell someone who is clearly upset and angry about something good that happened to them. Misery usually loves miserable company, and the sad person who can rejoice purely in someone else's good fortune in the midst of her own angst is rare indeed.

But here goes: I brought a plant home from work and it survived the trip. However, if the plant does not continue to thrive, I will know that in your anguish you put an ayin hara on it, and I will get the Rebbetzin from Monsey to put a rebound hex on you. Wink

I also got strawberries for $1 a box, which is very cheap where I am, and only two of them had to be thrown out. I made a strawberry smoothie and my picky eater child actually drank it. My experimental supper came out fine, even though I forgot to include the egg that the recipe called for. The library had a book I haven't yet read in a series I like, and I did not forget my keys in the library after checkout. I discovered in my hour of need that the library has a restroom for customers -and so what if it's tiny, unisex, and has neither soap nor towels? The door locks, they had running water and toilet paper, and the toilet flushed. Which meant that instead of running home from the library without my book, I was able to get my book AND stop at the greenmarket for the strawberries.

It's the little things in life that count.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 5:37 pm
louche wrote:
People may be hesitant to tell someone who is clearly upset and angry about something good that happened to them. Misery usually loves miserable company, and the sad person who can rejoice purely in someone else's good fortune in the midst of her own angst is rare indeed.

But here goes: I brought a plant home from work and it survived the trip. However, if the plant does not continue to thrive, I will know that in your anguish you put an ayin hara on it, and I will get the Rebbetzin from Monsey to put a rebound hex on you. Wink

I also got strawberries for $1 a box, which is very cheap where I am, and only two of them had to be thrown out. I made a strawberry smoothie and my picky eater child actually drank it. My experimental supper came out fine, even though I forgot to include the egg that the recipe called for. The library had a book I haven't yet read in a series I like, and I did not forget my keys in the library after checkout. I discovered in my hour of need that the library has a restroom for customers -and so what if it's tiny, unisex, and has neither soap nor towels? The door locks, they had running water and toilet paper, and the toilet flushed. Which meant that instead of running home from the library without my book, I was able to get my book AND stop at the greenmarket for the strawberries.

It's the little things in life that count.

The ayin horah lady is not from Monsey. She's visiting Monsey.

be good

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 7:04 pm
my five month old got her first tooth today!

crush

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 8:06 pm
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Thank you so much Louche for your list of good things, and thank you so much Be good for telling me about your baby!! It really did make me happier! And Louche, I hear ya about misery loving company...but not this time. This time I came onto imamother after finding out my bad news, and the first post I noticed was the one about PETA rejoicing in Rubashkin's sentancing...and I was about to click on it, feeling all upset, and then I realized that it was just making me MADDER. And I wanted to hear some good news for a change, as opposed to bad news, to cheer me up. And it worked! It really worked! I was able to greet my husband with a SMILE!!!! Can you believe that? And I was able to listen to him when he told me that it wasn't that bad, and that it would all work out ok.
So thanks guys, I really needed that!!!
And Louche, I did not put any ayin horah on you Wink

mimishkl

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 8:09 pm
I'm moving Sunday Iy"h , having my baby home and packing isn't easy, till it came to a point me and my baby where both sitting on the floor and crying together. I guess I was to overwhelmed!

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 8:36 pm
mimishkl wrote:
I'm moving Sunday Iy"h , having my baby home and packing isn't easy, till it came to a point me and my baby where both sitting on the floor and crying together. I guess I was to overwhelmed!

Hug A cry can be cathartic.

bnm

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 9:07 pm
my daughter ate solids the first time in 8 days!!!!

shanie5

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 9:11 pm
My son who is rarely home came home for about 20 hours total. He needed a new suit as he kinda outgrew his old one. We went shopping for other stuff, saw the suit dept, and I told him "I cant afford a suit right now, but lets go see what size u are in case I find one when you are not here". There were 2 racks of $300 suits on clearance for $59. Right size, right color-ds got the suit he needed. Now all I have to do is take in and hem the pants and then have it checked for shatnes-and he will have a suit for his sisters wedding!

mindyme

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 9:14 pm
I didn't yell at my kids today! not even raise my voice! Yay me!!

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 9:15 pm
shanie5 wrote:
My son who is rarely home came home for about 20 hours total. He needed a new suit as he kinda outgrew his old one. We went shopping for other stuff, saw the suit dept, and I told him "I cant afford a suit right now, but lets go see what size u are in case I find one when you are not here". There were 2 racks of $300 suits on clearance for $59. Right size, right color-ds got the suit he needed. Now all I have to do is take in and hem the pants and then have it checked for shatnes-and he will have a suit for his sisters wedding!

Have it checked for shatnez before you do alterations. LOL

shanie5

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 9:19 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
shanie5 wrote:

thought of that, but then I may lose the markings I made. As I cant return it, and I do the alterations myself, I'm gonna do them first.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 9:25 pm
shanie5 wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
shanie5 wrote:

thought of that, but then I may lose the markings I made. As I cant return it, and I do the alterations myself, I'm gonna do them first.

Wow. What are you going to do if it turns out to be unusable?

mommy7

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 9:27 pm
Poor you. Okay. . . happy thought. . . .

The neighbor behind us was mowing his lawn in his underpants today--as usual.

My son and other assorted other people's sons tried to climb over a fence into a pool down the block, and you should have seen the Angry Mother Marching Band stomping back home with a crowd of very nervous-looking 6-yr olds. . . last week the 'we are immortal' gang all decided to cross a main street together. . .

My 10-yr old son's best friend is moving away and here's how they bid each other farewell after 6 yrs of intense friendship:

"Bye."
"Bye. You left your baseball glove on the porch."
"Okay."

My 2 yr old locked himself in a room and then threw himself on the floor sobbing bitterly because he had punished himself by accident.

Final Happy Thought:

My brother, age 8, once put bubble bath in a men's mikva.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 9:29 pm
mommy7 wrote:
Poor you. Okay. . . happy thought. . . .

The neighbor behind us was mowing his lawn in his underpants today--as usual.

My son and other assorted other people's sons tried to climb over a fence into a pool down the block, and you should have seen the Angry Mother Marching Band stomping back home with a crowd of very nervous-looking 6-yr olds. . . last week the 'we are immortal' gang all decided to cross a main street together. . .

My 10-yr old son's best friend is moving away and here's how they bid each other farewell after 6 yrs of intense friendship:

"Bye."
"Bye. You left your baseball glove on the porch."
"Okay."

My 2 yr old locked himself in a room and then threw himself on the floor sobbing bitterly because he had punished himself by accident.

Final Happy Thought:

My brother, age 8, once put bubble bath in a men's mikva.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

tziviakayla

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 9:52 pm
My sister in law had a baby girl tonight! Her 4th daughter!
My 8 year old went to the doctor today because she has a wierd birthmark on her toe. Baruch Hashem, it is OK and nothing to worry about!
My one year old (turned 1 last Shabbos!) is adjusting better to regular milk after we switched him from formula. (Still nurses, though, too!)

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 9:55 pm
My son had his aleph beis siyum today. He's so big and I'm just in awe.

Marigold

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 10:15 pm
I was just reminded by some amothers how lucky I am that I do not have stretch marks. Very Happy
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics