Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Tell Me Happy Things
Previous  1  2  3  Next

SorGold

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 1:30 am
DD's playgroup Morah told me today (last day) how much my daughter matured over the year and how she thinks she should skip nursery and go straight to kindergarten as she's so mature and knows Aleph Bais and ABCs.
I'm not skipping her, but it gave me nachas.

jewels

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 2:39 am
I was walking into the mall today my 8 year old daughter and she reached up to kiss the mezuza. She told me that she's so used to kissing the mezuzas and it's such an important mitzvah that whenever she walks into any door she automatically looks up to find it. I was just so proud of her obvious love and desire for Torah and mitzvahs. She puts me to shame embarrassed

chocolate fondue

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 4:00 am
I finally got a car! After 8 years of marriage and 4 kids, after many many shleps up and down the steep hill to the bus stop Sad , after 4 years of learning to drive and 6 driving tests - I passed my test, got a car that fits everyone (on my wedding anniversary Very Happy) and found almost affordable car insurance. Today I can start to drive all by myself!!!!!

Quote:
My brother, age 8, once put bubble bath in a men's mikva.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Tiale

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 6:36 am
Love this thread!

I've been feeling lonely recently and randomly a friend came over today and we had a great time talking (she's also going away for a few weeks and gave me a gift certificate to the spa!!!)

I had a productive day!

My husband's home from a business trip. Very Happy

Loooooved that bubble bath mikvah story!!

Mrs.K

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 7:26 am
Nothing like laughing at someone else making a fool out of themselves. Here's a thread I wrote last Pesach. Enjoy.

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....amoed

mimivan

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 7:34 am
something funny that happened to me today ...I've been getting these spam e-mails saying I won a million bucks...one of the senders was called shekerhacker.

well..sheker? at least the scammer was honest about being dishonest!

ewa-jo

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 7:47 am
I am going to a wedding tonight.

good news #1 - The kallah is a 30+ years old and she found a nice guy. There is hope for all the rest of the single women out there who are over age 19.

good news #2 - I am wearing non-maternity clothes to the wedding! I am 6 weeks PP, and I was quite big with this pregnancy, but I tried on some of my clothes last night and found a good outfit that almost makes me look like I did pre-pregnancy. I'm glad that black is slimming...

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 7:56 am
I'm going to the country on Sunday! You guys will get a break from me for 2 months, and best of all, my kids and I get to enjoy the pool, grass and fresh air, splashing in the mud puddles, going on swings... all day every day.

Tehilla

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 8:08 am
Aw, bummer, can't post as amother here. Guess I'll have to keep all my happy news to myself unless someone is curious enough to PM me.

Everyone should be blessed with continual simchas and abundant brochos!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 10:03 am
I love this thread! Ditto to everyone else.
Crush, I truly hope that there is a silver lining to this cloud. But sometimes, like I said before, man has important interview, misses plane, and plane doesn't crash, and that's hashgacha pratis too.
I did some "channel switching" recently and was surprised that it worked so easily. I was looking for shoes that I need online and found shoes I LOVE, a bit out of budget. So I went (as usual) from zero to sixty, grumbling about how I can't get the shoes, can't get the skirt I want, can't indulge in some (cheap) jewelry...and I realized how unhappy this was making me. (Of course YMMV, I don't know exactly what stress you're working with and under now.) So I stopped thinking about all that, and concentrated on the little things a la Louche.
Like the kids who gave me my stretch marks Twisted Evil Flower

shanie5

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 11:15 am
life'sgreat wrote:
shanie5 wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
shanie5 wrote:
My son who is rarely home came home for about 20 hours total. He needed a new suit as he kinda outgrew his old one. We went shopping for other stuff, saw the suit dept, and I told him "I cant afford a suit right now, but lets go see what size u are in case I find one when you are not here". There were 2 racks of $300 suits on clearance for $59. Right size, right color-ds got the suit he needed. Now all I have to do is take in and hem the pants and then have it checked for shatnes-and he will have a suit for his sisters wedding!

Have it checked for shatnez before you do alterations. LOL

thought of that, but then I may lose the markings I made. As I cant return it, and I do the alterations myself, I'm gonna do them first.

Wow. What are you going to do if it turns out to be unusable?

1-shatnes problems can be fixed
2-I wont post it here-this is a happy thread!! LOL

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 11:21 am
It's been just 5 years (and 2 days Wink ) I've met my love Very Happy

crush

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 11:23 am
Wow, thank you all of you!! And Mommy7, you seriously had me Rolling Laughter Bubble bath in the mikvah??!! That's funny. I loved all these funny, happy stories!!!!
and PinkFridge you're right....hashgacha pratis...I'll see how it's for the good one day, right? Hey, but it's for the good now cuz I got to read all these cheery posts! Keep 'em coimng, I love reading these! You guys are the best.

melbee

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 12:51 pm
DS has finally started adjusting to our move to a new apartment, slept through the night, and woke up in a fairly agreeable mood. He also stopped clinging to the babysitter the second we arrive as if she is the only normal thing he has left in his life.

Our apartment is starting to look more like an apartment and less like a storage space for boxes..

A few days ago, while at the babysitter, DS took his best friend (a stuffed duck) and threw it in the toilet! Then proceeded to get exceptionally angry when he couldn't have duck back until he was dry.

We have a busy Sunday ahead of us with two birthday parties, a bridal shower, and a L'Chaim. So many simchas!

Glad you are feeling a bit better, Crush. Although I'm sorry you were so angry, I think this thread was a great idea!

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 2:50 pm
melbee wrote:
DS has finally started adjusting to our move to a new apartment, slept through the night, and woke up in a fairly agreeable mood.

I thought I read DH and was wondering about starting to sleep through the night. LOL LOL

Marigold

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 3:36 pm
chocolate fondue wrote:
I finally got a car! After 8 years of marriage and 4 kids, after many many shleps up and down the steep hill to the bus stop Sad , after 4 years of learning to drive and 6 driving tests - I passed my test, got a car that fits everyone (on my wedding anniversary Very Happy) and found almost affordable car insurance. Today I can start to drive all by myself!!!!!

Quote:
My brother, age 8, once put bubble bath in a men's mikva.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Wow! Congratulations.

I've been actively searching for a shabbos robe since pesach but couldn't find one. Anywhere. Today I got lucky and found something that actually doesn't need a hem (I'm from the shorties club Smile ) and the best part...t'was 50 bucks Very Happy !

melbee

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 4:36 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
melbee wrote:
DS has finally started adjusting to our move to a new apartment, slept through the night, and woke up in a fairly agreeable mood.

I thought I read DH and was wondering about starting to sleep through the night. LOL LOL

That must have been strange when you got to the part about the babysitter LOL

MommyZ

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 4:43 pm
DH got a day off of work so we can drive down to Baltimore to see good friends of ours Smile

dGirl

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 5:36 pm
bump please? We could all use an ongoing thread like this, but expecially me today Sad

Hash-m help us.

melbee

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 12:38 pm
We're planning a trip to visit my family this weekend, and my best friend is visiting from Sweden. I haven't seen her since my wedding!

At 1:00 erev Shabbos DH found out he was not going to be allowed to leave on time, which meant that he most likely would not be able to finish packing up our apartment by 5:00 (as per the moving instructions from the landlord). Hearing our need, no less than three couples (one who was not feeling well) came over and packed it for us (sweeping and everything). B"H everything got done, and one person even came back at 7:30 erev Shabbos to help DH install our A/Cs. It was really amazing!!

I hope you feel better soon, dGirl. Threads like this are great, and I hope it helps in picking up your spirits.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics