Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Do you have crib bedding?

bella123

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 7:19 am
I know it would be solely for looks. For me not for my baby.He doesn't care that his blanket doesn't match his pillow cover or his sheet. Or that he doesn't have a proper bumper.Just sometimes I think it would look lovely. They cost a lot here and its not important and I know Iwont buy this lovely bedding bale in the end. But sometimes I just crave things I don't need...

Raisin

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 7:36 am
I don't have a pillow in my crib.

bnm

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 7:38 am
I have only because my sil convinced my husband its an important peice of baby equipment! we are really enjoying it

bella123

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 7:43 am
bnm wrote:
I have only because my sil convinced my husband its an important peice of baby equipment! we are really enjoying it

Yes.I too would really enjoy it but my baby...? I know my dh would think its a waste of money.

bnm

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 7:45 am
bella123 wrote:
bnm wrote:

Yes.I too would really enjoy it but my baby...? I know my dh would think its a waste of money.

we got the coordinating fuzzy blanket and teddy bear so my daughter likes it too.

Mrs.K

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 7:46 am
Listen, I got my baby a nice new cute matchy crib set.

I felt so guilty that he was getting his siblings' toys, his siblings stroller, his brothers' outfits, that I just couldn't put him into the sheets and blankets that were thrown up and pooped on by his siblings. I needed to do it for myself that at least when he goes to sleep he was in something that was just for him.

bella123

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 7:51 am
The thing is I didn't buy a set for his older siblings but now I'm suddenly pining for one...

mamaleh

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 10:01 am
I ended up buying one, but not because it was pretty or because I wanted one. My dd moved alot in her crib (even as a newborn) and she kept banging herself on the bars and waking up, I was also nervous that she would get stuck. Spoke to my pediatrician (generally bumpers are not recommended these days because of SIDS) and he agreed we should get a bumper in this situation. Went to the local frum baby store (couldn't find a bumper in the big stores) and asked her for the cheapest bumper she had. The separate bumpers were quite pricey, but she offered me a crib set in a weird/ loudish print for much cheaper. The bumper was a grass green and the blanket had bright "watercolor" flowers on it. I used the bumper but not the blanket (she had a soft blanket that she was using). When she got older (after the bumper had come out) she found the blanket and decided she liked it, so on occasion she would ask to use it (with her soft one). I realized it was actually a very pretty blanket, I think the problem was when it was next to the green it looked almost garish.

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 2:06 pm
You can score nice ones for cheap on great sales. My sister got one for about 30 dollars at target. A full adorable set.

Cookies n Cream

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 3:02 pm
Try ebay. My aunt got a stunning set for $70. It included tons of accessories.

dilego

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 5:48 pm
doesn't toys r us have these things for reasonable prices?or ikea?

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 6:09 pm
Got one on marshalls for the same price I would've paid for plain sheet + bumper (which I needed b/c ds likes to sleep pressed against side). great deal, so worth it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains