Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Does anyone LOVE their mattress?
1  2  Next

yaeli83

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 7:24 am
we are finally moving into a place that does not come with Israeli style trundel beds! Wohooo!
It's been a long couple of years on horrible beds.
That being said, I am looking for something nice to finally lay down on...

I know of course that everyone has their own preferance, but Im just looking for ideas of how and where to start out looking.

Looking for something firm but with a pillow top, good quality that will last a long time, but does not cost a fortune.

We are moving oot but most stores are nationwide, so if you have ideas of where to look that would be helpful.

TIA

Dobat

Post Fri, Jun 25 2010, 9:38 am
About a year ago we purchased the Solitude firm with Pillow Top from Simmons Beauty Rest. When it gets to about 8pm I'm already dreaming about crawling into my yummy bed. They are amazing! We paid about $800 per bed! Happy Shopping!

life'sgreat

Post Fri, Jun 25 2010, 11:34 am
I love love love my bed, but bought it about 6-7 years ago. Not sure if the model would help you. It's a really comfortable pillow top (my sisters always jump into my bed when they're over because it's just so comfortable). If you want the model name I can get it for you.

Plonis

Post Fri, Jun 25 2010, 12:45 pm
http://www.dansdeals.com/archi.....ments
Look out for the next sale Smile

Grandmama

Post Sat, Jun 26 2010, 9:56 pm
I have a spring air without a pillowtop, absolutely amazing mattress. Not sure if it is still available. Have it for about 5 years.

shanie5

Post Sat, Jun 26 2010, 10:23 pm
I enjoy my select comfort sleep number mattress with pillowtop. I can make it firmer or softer as needed.

ValleyMom

Post Sat, Jun 26 2010, 10:28 pm
Tempurpedic baaaaaby!!!
And Tempurpedic pillows too...
Gosh I am such a diva!

Zus

Post Sat, Jun 26 2010, 11:29 pm
We have latex mattresses and it's the only thing that works for us. Both DH and I are very sensitive when it comes to beds, and DH often wakes up with aches all over if he sleeps somewhere else. So do I.
It's the only thing I can get proper rest on while pregnant, even in the later months. We spent a little extra $$$ (but not that much extra), but we haven't been sorry for a minute.

chavamom

Post Sat, Jun 26 2010, 11:37 pm
Dobat wrote:
About a year ago we purchased the Solitude firm with Pillow Top from Simmons Beauty Rest. When it gets to about 8pm I'm already dreaming about crawling into my yummy bed. They are amazing! We paid about $800 per bed! Happy Shopping!

Pillowtop mattresses have a really, really short life-span. Caveat emptor. I had one I loooooooooooved (Simmons) for about 2 years. Now it rolls to the middle, can't be flipped and though it has a 10 year warranty, they came out to measure the sag (with no one on it, mind you) and it doesn't sag enough yet to fall under warranty. If there is more than one person in the bed, forget it - you are trying to roll uphill away from one another. This should not be the case with a $1000K+ mattress (it's a queen).

life'sgreat

Post Sat, Jun 26 2010, 11:52 pm
chavamom wrote:
Dobat wrote:

Pillowtop mattresses have a really, really short life-span. Caveat emptor. I had one I loooooooooooved (Simmons) for about 2 years. Now it rolls to the middle, can't be flipped and though it has a 10 year warranty, they came out to measure the sag (with no one on it, mind you) and it doesn't sag enough yet to fall under warranty. If there is more than one person in the bed, forget it - you are trying to roll uphill away from one another. This should not be the case with a $1000K+ mattress (it's a queen).

Do you flip it head to foot?

chavamom

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 12:15 am
life'sgreat wrote:
chavamom wrote:
Dobat wrote:

yes. The dip is in the middle, but there is a big divot at one end. My husband and I are average sized people - it's not like you have obese people sleeping on it even.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 12:47 am
chavamom wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
chavamom wrote:
Dobat wrote:

yes. The dip is in the middle, but there is a big divot at one end. My husband and I are average sized people - it's not like you have obese people sleeping on it even.

We've been flipping our's head to toe every so often and even swapped mattresses once in a while.

kitov

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 1:07 am

I certainly love what I do on my mattress.

I meant sleeping, ok, don't panic.

freidasima

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 1:58 am
I second the problems with pillowtop. When I change my sheets I always flip the mattress and once a month I also flip them from top to bottom to prevent sag. I have a king koil which is fine and dh has a poliron mattress, also fine, both normal in terms of expense and I think we have these for around four years, maybe mine is a bit older, and they have been great. Before that I had a simmonds and used it for about 20 years while dh tried an orthopedic one for his back but it made no difference. Poliron was just fine.

ven

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 4:49 am
I have a very bad back (hernia) , since I have my tempur matress so far its going great. pity that they cost so much I really had to save up to be able to buy it.

Isramom8

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 4:53 am
Yes, I love mine! It's a Super Panda brand with pilowtop. seems to be holding up great (less than a year old). it's a ROCK.

bubby

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 4:54 am
kitov wrote:

I certainly love what I do on my mattress.

I meant sleeping, ok, don't panic.

Rolling Laughter

I have a Select Comfort. It's pretty good, except it sprung a leak somewhere & I have to get it fixed. So I keep pumping the thing up because I like a hard mattress.

yaeli83

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 7:59 pm
thanks for the ideas. will look into it more. keep them coming.

Also what is a good store to look at?

Grandmama

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 8:04 am
I was told 5 years ago that the newer mattresses like the spring air never have to be flipped and I never do. What I like about it is that it literally holds you up and supports you, you do not sink into it. It is a fabulous mattress, and I sleep very well on it and have no back problems. For years before that I had a Sealy Posture pedic that used to last 10 years or so, and I had a total of three different ones, that were also all ok. I switched to the Spring Air, when the Sealy was not available at the time I was looking to buy new ones.
While mattresses may have a 20 year guarantee, they are really only good for 10 years.
They may not be torn or broken, but the support they give is minimal and the quality of sleep is diminished.

soulful music

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 8:51 am
Grandmama wrote:
I was told 5 years ago that the newer mattresses like the spring air never have to be flipped and I never do. What I like about it is that it literally holds you up and supports you, you do not sink into it. It is a fabulous mattress, and I sleep very well on it and have no back problems. For years before that I had a Sealy Posture pedic that used to last 10 years or so, and I had a total of three different ones, that were also all ok. I switched to the Spring Air, when the Sealy was not available at the time I was looking to buy new ones.
While mattresses may have a 20 year guarantee, they are really only good for 10 years.
They may not be torn or broken, but the support they give is minimal and the quality of sleep is diminished.

Would you recommend the Spring Air over the Sealy?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics