Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
South beach diet

motheroftwo

Post Thu, Feb 10 2005, 6:28 pm
Is anyone here on South Beach Diet? My DH and I are and I'm getting bored of the same old thing all the time.
If anyone is on this diet, please share your recipes. I think some new ideas would help me stick to this diet.

proudmom

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 4:04 pm
hows your diet coming along?

RachelB

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 5:30 pm
here are some recipes:
http://www.south-beach-diet-re.....s.htm
http://www.southbeach-diet-pla.....p?f=5

I did stage one for 8 weeks and lost 20 lbs :-). Just started again this week, had 15 guest for Shabbos and with all the great food, how could I resist-LOL!
Good Luck!

motheroftwo

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 9:25 pm
I actually lost 15 lbs. in 4 months. Then I got pregnant. So I'm off it now, in fact I've been pretty bad. I gained over 10 lbs already. I do try to eat alot of whole wheat though and use splenda instead of sugar. My husband's on the diet though so any good original recipes are still welcome.
rachelb- I could never do stage one for that long. THe two weeks were TORTURE for me!!!! good luck with the diet.

RachelB

Post Tue, Jul 26 2005, 9:46 pm
My SIL was on stage 2 throughout her pregnancy-she gained only 17 lbs and lost most of it already (8 weeks postpartum).
About stage 1-I didn't feel deprived, but I didn't use all the recipes in the book-I bought a book from Amazon-15 min. Low Carb Cookbook and substituted ingredients for low fat, Splenda, etc., worked great, my DH loved the food as well.
B'shaa Tova!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise