Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
How do you keep busy by being a stay at home mom?
1  2  Next

COOLME56

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 12:37 pm
Id like to know what other moms do who are stay at home moms where the kids are in school and they just have little ones (1-2) at home.
I have two 7 year old kids who are in school full time adn a b"h very easy but active baby. I do not work (wish I did, but cant find a job) and dying of boredom.

I dotn drive on the highway so im limited to places I can go. Also I have no friends! Sad

What does e/o else do all day?

In the kitchen

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 12:53 pm
I do my own housework
I bake and cook a lot, that can take up a lot of time
sewing repairs
reading
sometimes take baby on playdates (twice a week - whatever works for you)
go to the park, go for walks, call friends relatives once in awhile to keep in touch
some people knit ( I wish I knew how!)
visiting or going out with other at home moms and kids
you can do chessed, organize a tehillim group at your home weekly, make food for organizations that need it etc

I am certain you will be able to find something to fill up your time Smile

AlwaysGrateful

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 4:51 pm
Volunteer! A great way to both help people in the community, keep from being bored, and get to know other people with time on their hands.

(I'm not a SAHM, but I hope to be one day. And in my idealism-filled future, I want to volunteer in areas where my kids are welcome.)

frimamom

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 4:55 pm
Bake!!!! I love when my house smells of cake or cookies. I sew, do puzzles, paintings...

notme

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 4:58 pm
bake, cook, write (working on a novel now), cleaning, laundry, style my own sheitels, read, learn over the phone with someone

Pinky

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 5:26 pm
just put my challos in the oven started at 12:30!!

sarachana

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 5:33 pm
I love crafts! and since there are so many out there I am always busy busy busy doing one. I go to craft stores and see whats out there to do and I craft away. I make art for my walls in my house, I sew clothing for my kids, I hand make cards which always come in handy. I scrapbook, and I love photography. And I love trying new recipes in the kitchen, like fun with food, and awesome gorgeous cakes and cookies etc.

pumpernickle

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 6:25 pm
Imamother! It definetely keeps me bz!

octopus

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 8:39 pm
I guess it depends on where you live. I'm in brooklyn, so there is the library that runs programs and then there is the park. If you have one or two ppl to get together once in a while. life is great!

gold21

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 9:02 pm
I am a stay at home mom of an almost-2 year old, and a 4 year old who is out for about 5 and a half hours every day. I don't know precisely how I keep busy... I am busy being a mom I guess! No time for scrapbooking, sewing, or crafts. Baking is a luxury that happens at most once a week. There's always something that has to be taken care of.... Often, its something boring like laundry or dishes, so while I am sometimes bored, I am always busy. Little kids need to be entertained, shopping needs to get done, supper needs to be made, etc.

bobeli

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 12:21 am
gold21 wrote:
I am a stay at home mom of an almost-2 year old, and a 4 year old who is out for about 5 and a half hours every day. I don't know precisely how I keep busy... I am busy being a mom I guess! No time for scrapbooking, sewing, or crafts. Baking is a luxury that happens at most once a week. There's always something that has to be taken care of.... Often, its something boring like laundry or dishes, so while I am sometimes bored, I am always busy. Little kids need to be entertained, shopping needs to get done, supper needs to be made, etc.

I feel the same way! but with 3 kids. I wounder how ppl with 6 kids or more do it

Marigold

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 2:04 am
gold21 wrote:

Same here. Honestly I find I do not have enough time. I'm ALWAYS busy even if it's something mundane and boring as you mentioned above.

julia lipman

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 9:34 am
I used to have tons to do, housework, watching a 2 year old.... Now I'm on modified bedrest for godwilling the next 6 weeks, Now how am I supposed to keep busy... Any ideas?

drumjj

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 11:37 am
im also bored at home with my 16 month old and I cant get anything done while she is awake and im going out of my mind with boredom. (I live in a community with no little ones to socialize with)

julia lipman

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 11:52 am
My son loves to help, sometimes I give him a clean towel, or a amini broom and we "clean" togehter. I'd say its work 25-50 % of the time. Daily trips to park also kept me sane...

sunny90

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 12:02 pm
I wonder about this too!
I have a very active, needs to be usually entertained or held baby and he's very cute but I'm bored! when he naps I clean, etc. and sometimes read but don't have much else to do. My birth classmates and I get together once a week, in a house or park or something, but that's only once a week. And I don't drive yet! I should probably start going to the park now that he's old enough to go in the swing...
I need a hobby. Besides making lists, I mean.

Laughing Bag!

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 12:54 pm
Between housework and baby there is so much I do. I learnt to crocher so I do that sometimes I do scrapbooking, baking take my 16m old to the park,stroll or window shopping. And of course I also get to spend time on Imamothother!

Dobat

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 1:07 pm
I cant deny that sometimes I go outta my mind.....

mom#1!

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 6:13 pm
how to keep busy-I wish I had that question!! Laundry, cleaning, supper, shabbos, relatives and friends, shopping, chesed, imamother (this I cannot cut back on though I try!Smile ), tending to the children, paying bills, appointments, the list goes on and on!

Mommy F.

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 6:24 pm
I started getting really into a new hobby!
Jewlery making!
I ordered a bunch of library books on it.
I just went to the dollarstore got string, clasps, beads . . .
It's a lot of fun and now my daughter has cute beaded bracelets and necklaces
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics