Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Short sleeved white shabbos shirt for boys

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 8:10 pm
How much are they? I went to a place by me and it was $18! I almost fainted. Please tell me that's not normal?

Where can I get them? (Preferably w/o having to go to Brooklyn)

5S5Sr7z3

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 8:18 pm
Quite normal. I usually get Shabbos shirts in the dressy shirt section of a department store, they're usually cheaper there. Specially on sale Wink

Twizzlers

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 8:57 pm
what size are you looking for? I sell them for less. pm me for more info

melalyse

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 9:37 pm
I buy the French toast uniform shirts, they are the only ones that I have found. I don't remember how much they were, but I'm pretty sure that they are less than $10.

c.c.cookie

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 1:25 am
I get them in Israel for 20 shekel! (That's a little over $5)

mummy-bh

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 1:40 am
I just got a few packs, each containing three shirts, for 6 pounds from marks and spencers. That works out to about 11.5 shekels a shirt! (maybe three dollars?)

SV

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 9:17 am
melalyse wrote:
I buy the French toast uniform shirts, they are the only ones that I have found. I don't remember how much they were, but I'm pretty sure that they are less than $10.

Not sure what size you need, but these are $7.50:

http://www.frenchtoast.com/pro.....erby=

Of course, with shipping it will work out to be more, depending how many you order. But still better than $18. By the way, this website has adult shirts as well (under 'husky' section).

Marion

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 9:18 am
Children's Place often has them at the end of the season (now) for $5 a pop...if they have your size left. Polos, not button downs.

OldYoung

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 9:24 am
Marion wrote:
Children's Place often has them at the end of the season (now) for $5 a pop...if they have your size left. Polos, not button downs.

I just bought a bunch of those from the Children's Place and actually paid $3.75/shirt!

c.c.cookie

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 9:28 am
This thread is so Jewish! A bunch of Yiddishe mammes all proud of their bargains... LOL

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 9:42 am
My 5 year old has a bunch of French Toast ones that I got as a lot on Ebay new -- total came out to $5/shirt or 7.50/shirt (I don't remember -- one was the price for the long sleeve lot, one for the SS lot)

My 3 year old has from Twizzlers -- her wrinkle free one. A bit more than I usually spend, but amazing quality. Still looks bright white despite being a hand me down from his brother. And it's been stained with all kinds of things (blood, grape juice, etc) that came out well.

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 9:46 am
melalyse wrote:

Second this, but make sure to get the non oxfrord ones, those are the ones that do not need to be ironed and are usually between 6-8 dollars a shirt depending on where you go. My husband prefers I buy the fancier white on white for shabbat though. I buy the school uniform shirts for school though and they are really great.

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 9:48 am
Marion wrote:

I do not mind polos on the baby for shabbat, but for my older boys I want something nicer. Also I find the children place polos get warped in the wash. And do not come clean no matter what I do to pre-treat them.

Eowyn

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 12:32 pm
I've seen plain white button downs at Old Navy. Not sure how much they are, but I know they're not $18! Smile

shopaholic

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 3:09 pm
I buy French toast for my 5 yr old & pay 5.99
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers