Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Vegetable Soup Recipe

greatfulmom

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 2:56 pm
Does anyone have a real good recipe for veg. soup? I wanna make it tonight for the after-fast.

JMto2

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 2:58 pm
What I do is saute an onion and shredded carrots squash celery in a pot for a bit add water and cubed potatoes spice it with onion powder garlic powder salt pepper and parika and cook for a few hours it is so delicious.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 2:58 pm
There's a delicious recipe in KBD, I think it's called Vegetable soup w/ sweet potatoes. Something like that.

(Warning in advance, I won't be able to type it out).

Flowerchild

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 3:02 pm
ok this is how I make mine:

carrots
potatoes
string beans
corriander fresh
salt pepper
cumin
ginger
garlic
tomatoes
tomato paste

in a soup pan, cook garlic with ginger for a few min. then add carrots mix, cook a few mintues. add potatoes, string beans and water about 6 cups or so. then add some cumin, fresh chopped tomatoes some tomato paste, stir, add salt, pepper. mix well, let it come to a boil, cook for about an hour, then add chopped corriander. serve, with rice if want to

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 3:11 pm
Cheapskate Tomato Soup
Quick and easy! Gleaned from one of the cheapskate magazines . . .
6 oz. tomato paste in can
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. celery seed
24 oz. milk - refill tomato paste can four times
Put tomato sauce in small saucepan. Add milk, salt, celery salt. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Of course, you can double or quadruple the recipe, depending on how much tomato paste you have . . . and people to serve.

CARROT GINGER soup

Peel and cut up a package of carrots. Sautee in 2 T oil along with two cut up stalks of celery, a big zucchini, and two onions.

Add a big chunk of ginger or 1 T ground ginger or both, if you like a zingy soup. Add 6 cups of water and bring to boil. Let simmer 20 minutes or until all veggies are tender.

Add 1/2 cup rice (leftover is okay) and 1 cup milk or soymilk. Let simmer another ten minutes and puree with blender and add 1/4 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Serve, eat, and enjoy!

Creamy Zucchini Soup
Adapted from the Arcman Chef of Tidewater, VA
Simple & quick! Recipe halves, doubles and triples easily. Freezes well.

Sautee two large sliced onions and four cut up garlic cloves in a small amount of oil.

Add 1 tsp of bay leaves and some parsley (dried or fresh), salt and pepper to taste.

Add 4 lbs. (about four large) cut up zucchinis to mixture. Peeling is optional (the peels add a lovely green tint to the soup).

Add two cups water or broth, and a cup of dry white wine. Bring to a boil and then let simmer until zucchini is soft.

Mash zucchinis with potato masher, hand blender, or leave chunky. Serve, eat, and enjoy!

red sea

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 3:37 pm
JMto2 wrote:
What I do is saute an onion and shredded carrots squash celery in a pot for a bit add water and cubed potatoes spice it with onion powder garlic powder salt pepper and parika and cook for a few hours it is so delicious.

that sounds really good, I want to give it a try
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics