Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
What's your morning schedule?

Ima2

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 9:31 am
Just wondering if I'm the only one who does this. In the morning, my kids wake up early (like btw 5:30 and 6:30am). I let them play alone (they are 3 and 5 year old girls) in the playroom. My 5 year old is very responsible. Sometimes, they play for like 2-3 hours alone in the morning while I sleep (with my 2 month old). I then get up and get dressed in peace by myself and then go out to my kids. Is this normal? What does everyone else do in the morning when their kids wake up really early? I leave a bowl of cereal for each of them and we put out a frozen cup of milk before we go to sleep ( in addition to their cups of water they have by their beds) so they have cold milk in the morning so they are not hungry or thirsty

c.c.cookie

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 9:51 am
I have five kids, ranging from 1-9. They all wake up the same time as your kids - bet. 5:30 and 6:30. We put out "morning snack" on the table the night before (crackers, biscuits, rice-cakes etc.) and I prepare the baby's bottle the night before, and keep it in the fridge. If he wakes up before the big kids, I give him his bottle in his crib, then he waits for the others to wake up, if not they give him the bottle. The big kids take out the little kids, and they all play until 7:30 when I wake up, give them breakfast and dress them.

exhausted

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 10:18 am
I can't really relate as I wake up at 7 and have to wake up my kids including my baby, but I think if my kids woke up that early I would do the same thing you're doing, as long as there isnt anything dangerous in the playroom, and they know that they can come to your room if they need you.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 11:57 am
I was always wondering if something wrong with my kids they almost never wake up on their own . I always have to wake them up on a school day . The earliest they would wake up on their own is about 8 or 9 now in the summer I let them sleep as late as 10.00 that's when camp starts and if they r late its no big deel

c.c.cookie

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 12:30 pm
amother wrote:
I was always wondering if something wrong with my kids they almost never wake up on their own . I always have to wake them up on a school day . The earliest they would wake up on their own is about 8 or 9 now in the summer I let them sleep as late as 10.00 that's when camp starts and if they r late its no big deel

When do they go to sleep at night? Mine go to sleep very early, so they wake up early. My 2 year old goes to sleep at 6:00, and sometimes even earlier! And even my nine year old goes to sleep at 7:45.

Isramom8

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 1:18 pm
Ima2, sounds like it works for you and I don't think it's unusual. The 3 and 5 year old don't have school or gan? Or do you mean in the summer?

When my kids don't have school or gan or day camp, they go to sleep very late in the summer. They wake up later too. But not as late as I'd like... Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers