Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Garage sale

JollyMommy

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 8:38 pm
my parents have a TON of children's clothes- many with tags that no one wants, they also have books, toys etc.. the kids in my family were thinking of making them a garage sale (or tag sale) and giving them the money to buy tickets to israel.

I am an expert at craigslist and ebay- but we want this kind of thing as a family project and our teenage nieces and nephews our very excited about it.

problem is, I once tried a garage sale and made very little money so it was totally not worth it.

the stuff we would see is quality things, so it wasn't the stuff.

I need tips on pricing for clothes and toys and odds and ends and in general any advice you can offer. thank you!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 05 2010, 6:01 am
Maybe it's the neighborhood or the crowd they run in. do they need the money? What"s wrong with giving it to Haiti or Goodwill ?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jul 05 2010, 7:02 am
Other ideas: have you tried consignment stores, chains like Once Upon A Child, Plato's Closet, Play it Again Sam for sporting goods, as well as go through the yellow pages for local stores?

Once I've made every effort, I have no qualms about giving away, either directly to people I know, through freecycle, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics