Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Who's the best Alterations person in BP (and reasonable)?

Mevater

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 2:39 pm
Needs to be more advanced than lowering a hem, but doesnt have to sew from scratch. Someone who does a false panel on a suit skirt well, and such.

Kugel lover

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 3:21 pm
I used to go to Miriams on 42nd st & 14th Ave. on the corner. She's very good. (now I don't live in bp so...)

RM24

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 3:32 pm
Kugel lover wrote:
I used to go to Miriams on 42nd st & 14th Ave. on the corner. She's very good. (now I don't live in bp so...)

She's great, but really expensive. I hope OP gets some direction as I could use the advice as well.

SorGold

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 5:48 pm
Not quite the heart of BP, but she's good and reasonably priced. Nad Len 39th and 16th

dimples

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 7:59 pm
for anything big, I use emmas on 47th and 16th. she is really amazing, everything I did with her came out perfect. she is definitely pricier, but you get what you pay for. I dont have her number, but you can google it.

for anything regular (putting in a panel and such) sarah on 13 and 43rd (next to S&W) is good.

Grandmama

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 3:27 pm
I prefer to travel a bit out of BP to Angelo. Very nice work and reasonable. 646 68 Street 718 680 1921.

Mevater

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 10:38 am
Grandmama wrote:
I prefer to travel a bit out of BP to Angelo. Very nice work and reasonable. 646 68 Street 718 680 1921.
Thanks. I assume Angelo is male. Any females there? Do they sew from scratch? Is it ground level? Private house? What have they done for you and at what price?

Grandmama

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 2:09 pm
Mevater wrote:
Grandmama wrote:
Thanks. I assume Angelo is male. Any females there? Do they sew from scratch? Is it ground level? Private house? What have they done for you and at what price?

She is a she, and an elderly Italian woman, very sweet. It is a walk in level, private house.
She sews for the women in BP for the past 30 or 40 years for sure.
Chavy Katz used to send loads of people her way.
She is always very busy, so if you need something in a hurry, it is not going to happen.
I like that she will repair a seam of say a piece of torn linen at no charge, and she will do both little and big repairs at normal (old fashioned) prices. She sews beautifully, and is great at fitting etc.
I hope she is still alive. Have not been there for a few months.

Mevater

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 11:38 am
SorGold wrote:
Not quite the heart of BP, but she's good and reasonably priced. Nad Len 39th and 16th
I used to use her- thanks for the reminder. Do you have a working number or cell number? The number in the phonebook goes to fax.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries