Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Portraits for babies

yaeli83

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 11:35 am
has anyone gotten them done at a place like sears or jcpennys? Do they turn out ok? is the price reasonable. we need something not expensive that will have 3 baby cousins together in one photo. we are oot so if you have suggestions of where to get them done, it has to be a national chain, otherwise we wont have it by us Smile

thanks

Plonis

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 11:37 am
I am happy with Sears and JCPenney portraits (Sears are a bit nicer in my experience) and they always have deals. You need to be concerned about the sitting fees, though, which are per person.

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 11:43 am
They're ok. We've done Jcpenny which turned out fine. They're not as nice as Picture People, but they are WAYAYYYA cheaper. Just find a coupon, and they'll be really cheap. You do have to make an appt. though.

mamaleh

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 12:18 pm
We've done JCPenney & picture people. Both have been great. Usually PP gets a slightly better 'personality' in the pic although there have been times when JCPenney has done better.
In terms of sitting fees PP has none but the pics are more expensive- you can usually find a coupon for a free sheet plus a discount if you look around, so if you only need a couple of sheets it doesn't have to cost a fortune
JCPenney is much cheaper per sheet ($3.99 w/ coupon) & the coupon usually includes a free 8x10. Find a coupon that includes a free sitting fee (occasionally you can even find one that includes up to 4) each additional person is $9.99 unless you buy the membership (it's either $30 or $40 for 2 years and you can apply the free sitting fee from the coupon so it ends up being $20 or $30). The membership is definitely worthwhile if you will be going back in the next 2 years. As long as the child of the member is part of the sitting (does not have to be in all of the pics) all sitting fees are free. There are also some other benefits but I'm not sure exactly what they are these days (my membership just expired & I haven't gotten a new one yet)
As far as sears goes I've always been very unimpressed by their coupons. Generally you have to buy a number of sheets at regular price b4 the coupon price kicks in.
I just took my neighbor to JCP yesterday for pics of her 2yo. She got 4 sheets (1-8x10, 2- 5x7s, 4-3.5x5s & 8-wallets- all different poses) for under $10. Beautiful pics with lots of choices.
Also if you go to JCP & only like one pose, you can get the package for$7.99 w/ the same coupon. That gives you tons of pics (all sizes one pose)
Hatzlacha, and if you need more info or have any questions feel free to pm or post, I have lots of experience.

yaeli83

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 12:33 pm
thanks for the info everyone! sears has the following coupons now, but I cant make sense of them, can anyone tell me if there is a catch...

http://www.searsportrait.com/c.....main/

the one for 7.99 says an additional fee per subject, is that the 9.99 or something?

we want to do it as a surprise for the other 2 cousins, so we will be paying for them as well... don't want to pay a fortune though!

Baruch_Hashem

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 12:39 pm
There is a great chain called portrait innovations. Check them out online to see if there is a chain near you. There is no sitting fee with them. They have an awesome deal that you can use once every 3 months- its a huge package for $10. It all has to be of the same picture though, but you get tons of different sheets in different sizes!! If you want more than one shot, they might be expensive per sheet.

mamaleh

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 12:48 pm
yaeli83 wrote:
thanks for the info everyone! sears has the following coupons now, but I cant make sense of them, can anyone tell me if there is a catch...

http://www.searsportrait.com/c.....main/

the one for 7.99 says an additional fee per subject, is that the 9.99 or something?

we want to do it as a surprise for the other 2 cousins, so we will be paying for them as well... don't want to pay a fortune though!

It does not look like a great deal to me. As far as I can tell, you might not be paying for a sitting fee but you will be paying extra for the additional kids in the pictures. It is also not a very large package. You might want to call and double check what the total price would be with these coupons and 3 kids in the pic.
The JCP package has more sheets and you also have the option of picking diff sheets (for $3.99 per sheet)if you like more than one pose. I'll try to post a link for a coupon in a few min.

mamaleh

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 12:56 pm
Here's the coupon we used yesterday

http://www.jcpportraits.com/co.....t.htm

And here's one for an additional $4 off (they can be used together)

http://www.jcpportraits.com/of......html

You will have to pay 2 sitting fees (about $20) unless you buy a membership (either $20 or $30 and means no sitting fees for 2 years)

BlumaG

Post Tue, Aug 10 2010, 3:57 pm
target is the same portrait brand as jcpenney and they take the pics mostly on the floor - so much preferable for little kids
go to targetportraits.com
they have coupons there
free sitting fees
free 8x10
package for $7.99
1 8x10, 2 5x7, 4 3x5, 16 wallets
or you can use the $3.99 a sheet option

they do a great job there on portraits and group shots, been about 6 times in the last yr (I take each kid for their bday and we did cousin pics too)

newmother

Post Tue, Aug 10 2010, 4:19 pm
I just took my son to Sears. They did an excellent job and I paid (with a coupon) $4.99 for a 10"13, a 8"10, 2 5"7s, 12 wallets, and sixteen minis (minis are really pointless). I did have to pay for additional sheets but
they were not so expensive (an 8"10 was ten dollars)

There are coupons in all of the parenting magazines and in the store usually. You are only allowed to use one coupon per session so I picked the coupon that worked best for me.

mamaleh

Post Tue, Aug 10 2010, 6:40 pm
BlumaG wrote:
target is the same portrait brand as jcpenney and they take the pics mostly on the floor - so much preferable for little kids
go to targetportraits.com
they have coupons there
free sitting fees
free 8x10
package for $7.99
1 8x10, 2 5x7, 4 3x5, 16 wallets
or you can use the $3.99 a sheet option

they do a great job there on portraits and group shots, been about 6 times in the last yr (I take each kid for their bday and we did cousin pics too)

Just to be clear, JCPenney also takes on the floor now. They got rid of their tables over a year ago.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art