Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Nosebleeds

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Aug 08 2010, 2:22 am
one of my twins (3 and a half) is getting lots of nosebleeds. The other twin has had none. The twin with the nosebleeds has a deviated septum and allergies. At this age, is it related to the deviated septum or the allergies or could it be either? What do you DO about nosebleeds at this age? Is there a nose spray or something to put inside the nose to help moisten the area if it's from dry allergy nose? Getting him to sit still so I can pinch the nose and get the bleeding to stop is a major challenge--- along with autism he has sensory integration dysfunction so even cutting his fingernails is horrific.

thanks!

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Aug 08 2010, 2:57 am
The very BEST way to instantly stop a nosebleed is to have the nosebleeder take a deep whiff of plain white vinegar. It will stop the nosebleed instantly.

Good luck!

PS
Just open the bottle under the bloody nose and let him/her inhale.

zigi

Post Sun, Aug 08 2010, 10:13 am
that is a cool trick valley mom. I will be trying it sooner rather than later, 3 of my kids get nose bleeds. I always say I hope dd won't get a nose bleed at her wedding when she is wearing her white dress.

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Aug 09 2010, 11:33 am
thanks for the trick-- I'd never heard that one! How come it works????
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers