Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
My daughter the drama queen

amother

Post Wed, Aug 11 2010, 9:24 pm
DD who is almost 5 is a total drama queen. She cries and whines, pouts and stomps when things don't go her way. She is the 1st to point out when something isn't fair, or when people aren't following "the rules", or if we have just asked her to do one to many things.

She is a total princess, her hair must be "beautiful" she likes to pick out her own clothing, and anything frilly or girly is a total must.

I love her to bits, she is a wonderful child really. She listens and follows rules wonderfully, maybe a bit too wonderfully.

I've had it with the whining and complaining and kvetching all the time. It has reached an all time high lately. She bursts out in tears if she is slightly corrected, and her favorite phrase has become "I have to do everything around here" Rolling Eyes

I've talked to her about being happy with what we have, saying thank you, and being a team player, but to no avail.

I can't take the drama all the time anymore. I'm really at my wits end. What can I do with my little princess?

Merrymom

Post Wed, Aug 11 2010, 9:36 pm
Don't worry about offending her feelings. Today for example I took my daughter to the mall and everything her eyes saw she wanted. I bought her a very pretty shirt and when she started crying later on that I wasn't getting her something else that she wanted I warned her that if the tears don't stop right away we'll return the blouse. You have to be tough or it gets worse and worse unfortunately (BTDT).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers