Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby has been crying for hours need HELP

amother

Post Sat, Aug 14 2010, 10:38 pm
My 7 month old baby was put on omnicef last week. He took 3 doses of it. I noticed he had an upset tummy (green stool) and then last night he woke up screaming and he threw up all over himself. Because he was laying down it was everywhere on his face, eyes, in his hair etc. I washed him down and went to get him dressed again and he threw up again so then I offered some pedialite and he threw up again so then I just rocked him to sleep and 6 hours later he woke up, took pedialite and it stayed down.
This morning my DH diapered him and freaked out when he saw the stool was red. I was michallel shabbos and I called my dr. We thought we would have to go to the hospital but my dr. said it was from the antibiotic. I decided to stop the antibiotic with the dr.'s permission. For the rest of the day we gave the baby 1/2 pedialite bottles and half formula. He seemed okay, cheerful, normal....
Then tonight he went to sleep and woke up after less than hour and has been crying ever since. Inconsolably. I tried every position, every place he ever lays down, every single thing I could think of and he cried and cried. I am very nervous.
I just gave him some tylenol - something is bothering him. I assume his tummy?
I do not know what to do and it's so upsetting and frustrating that we cannot calm him down.
Does anyone have any advice? I plan to call the dr. in the morning and maybe have him get looked at but how do we get through the night? I am scared why does he keep waking up and crying every 5 minutes?

RR

Post Sat, Aug 14 2010, 10:44 pm
maybe call your dr. now? If you live in America it deffinitely isn't too late...... even if his office hours are not now, there should be a service / emergency #? I'm not too experienced but I personally wouldn't let it go by till the morning.

allergypro

Post Sat, Aug 14 2010, 11:31 pm
I know this is not the question u want answered, but just a note of reassurance, I had the same scare as u. omnisef turns the stool red. I went running to the pediatrician with dd diaper a few years ago, and she reassured me that its the medicine. not blood. I asked her y they dont put the warning on the bottle. What

amother

Post Sat, Aug 14 2010, 11:36 pm
OP
Thanks - that was reassuring to hear. At least I am not the only one. I was shaking a long time after I saw that, it took me a while to calm down. It was scary.

RR

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 12:33 pm
hows your baby?

amother

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 2:25 pm
OP here
Thanks for asking RR - he slept after being given the tylenol for 4 hours and then woke and ate and went back to sleep with minimal crying. So far today he is acting like usual. My pediatrician called to check in and I told her what happened last night and she said if we have another episode tonight to bring him in to get looked at and she guessed it may have been his tummy hurting him.
I hope we are passed this.
WHen a baby cries for so long and can't be calmed down it's very hard on the mommy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics