Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Tuna fillet recipes, any ideas?

Dev80

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 8:53 am
DH and I like getting Tuna as it is relatively inexpensive and tastes good. I usually make it with a teriyaki, white wine, and some other ingredients, but I want to try something different this week. Any ideas for something else (not teriyaki?) that has a nice flavor. TIA!

tsiggelle

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 8:56 am
Dev80 wrote:
DH and I like getting Tuna as it is relatively inexpensive and tastes good. I usually make it with a teriyaki, white wine, and some other ingredients, but I want to try something different this week. Any ideas for something else (not teriyaki?) that has a nice flavor. TIA!

something like frying onions, tomato bits and then adding the tuna. fry on both sides low heat. you can add water if you want sauce.

spices are salt, pepper, paprika,(garlic if you wish)

do not overcook to avoid dryness

I had the above, if you are interested I can try and ask for the exact recipe

fiddle

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 8:58 am
http://allrecipes.com/Search/R.....nding
there are some good recipes on here - check by rating and read peoples reviews.

Dev80

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 8:59 am
Can that be done without the tomatoes? I'm not sure if I'd love how the tastes would go together. If you think it would work without, I'd love the recipe. Thanks! (I hope im not sounding to picky)

Dev80

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 9:00 am
Thanks Fiddle, I'll look around on allrecipes.com. The kosher cookbooks that I have don't really have recipes for it.

fiddle

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 9:03 am
you can use any fish recipe for tuna. ive even tried some chicken recipes on fish. I think you can switch around whatever you want.

tsiggelle

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 9:03 am
Dev80 wrote:
Can that be done without the tomatoes? I'm not sure if I'd love how the tastes would go together. If you think it would work without, I'd love the recipe. Thanks! (I hope im not sounding to picky)

as a matter of fact , we have done it without the tomatoes, and it came out great,

you dont sound too picky, its just not your taste

let me double check the recipe

fiddle

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 9:04 am
btw. this is a great recipe

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/G......aspx

I used regular sole with it.

YALT

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 9:11 am
Tuna Steak with soy onions and wasabi sauce:

heat up bit of oil in pan. Sprinkle both sides of tuna steak with salt&pepper. place in pan for 1½ minutes each side. Al though the inside will still be pink, the outside is so hot it'll finish cooking the inside. This'll prevent the tuna from drying out (which is very easy to happen!)

slice onions into rings or half-rings. saute in soy sauce (no oil) until ..,. mushy, not so crispy, whatever u wanna call it)

mix wasabi powder with mayo.

serve tuna steak with onions and sauce ontop.

tsiggelle

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 9:12 am
tsiggelle wrote:
Dev80 wrote:

as a matter of fact , we have done it without the tomatoes, and it came out great,

you dont sound too picky, its just not your taste

let me double check the recipe

you pre-spice the tuna fillets on both sides with salt, pepper and paprika(sweet, not the sharp one).sugar is not added
refrigerate for an hour (or a little longer if you wish)

fry onions(I like a lot , but do as you do for other such recipes, or your choice)
when the onions are brown you fry the tuna, both sides till brown on a low heat. check the inside of the thickest part to see that it all has the cooked colour, and remove from heat. DO NOT OVERCOOK

if you want sauce, add water after lightly frying the first side
enjoy whichever recipe you use, dont overcook on either as tuna tends to get dry( think chicken breast)

hatslacha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics