Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Doctor charging for medical forms

nicole81

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 5:30 pm
my kids' pediatrician charges $10 for every medical form I need filled out throughout the year (at least 2 per child for camp and school, plus other miscellaneous forms.) they first instituted this practice 2 years ago, and I want to know if it is pretty standard.

so does your kids' doctor do this as well?

I'm thinking of switching for a number of other reasons and now that I need yearly checkups for the kids plus 2 more medical forms for this september, the timing might be right if this isn't standard practice. and if it is, I miss the old days Crying

flowerpower

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 5:39 pm
That I never heard of!

overthehill

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 5:45 pm
Im nost sure whose practice you are referring to, but mine does it as well. To avoid the charges, I ask them to make me 3 copies of each medical form on the spot and then sign it. My kids, depending on their birthdays have checkups a few months before camp, and then I have the form for camp, in september I give another to the school, and I have a spare. They didnt charge for me signing 3 per kid.

It'sMe

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 5:47 pm
The pediatrician I used to go to is top of the line and they also started charging for medical forms lately. they claim there are too many coming in and it takes up too much time. They don't charge however if you make an app for a checkup and give it to the doctor then when she's with you. Maybe try that? I also think it's not right but you know what, the hospitals charge twenty five dollars to print out your medical records, no time wasted even filling in forms What could we do Rolling Eyes

Barbara

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 5:54 pm
Our pediatrician provides a copy of medical records on her forms once a year, at the annual visit, without charge. Additional forms are provided for a fee. We simply make copies, and give them to schools, camps, etc. No one has ever had a problem with our providing a copy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics