Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Is cleaning help a luxury?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

saw50st8

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 6:29 am
YALT wrote:
Saw50, I agree with you there. IF ONLY.....
But she's just pointing out reality. She's not saying that's what she'd do. She's saying that unfortunately, alot of ppl save their extra money for extras after extras, instead of giving a bit extra to yeshiva.
Now unfortunately, (just because I still don't see how I'm sending DD out now as well - as it is I can't physically show you where DS' tuition is paid from) DS is not even on a scholarship. Fortunately, you can't blame me for closing down a school, "just because I have cleaning help"

Honestly, its not so much this one thing that bothers me. Its the overall package of how people live their lives nowadays. Sure, for some, cleaning help is more important than for others. But people today don't seem to prioritize. Fancy sheitel (and even $600 is a fancy sheitel even if we don't want to admit it) is considered a "need" - with the exception maybe of people who wouldn't cover their hair otherwise, its not a need. Or newer cars. Or jewelry. Or clothing.

We live in a society now where no one wants to pay for anything. Everyone (using the term really loosely) gets a handout - parents, the governemnt, scholarships. But their attitude about it is "I deserve this" or "I need this" - even if its a luxury. Its unfortunate that people ask for scholarships and don't view it as charity that should be minimized as much as possible.

Orthodox Judaism seems to be imploding on itself. We live such a high standard of living that even "poor" is much better off than most people around the world.

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 7:32 am
Pickle Lady wrote:
Is paying for therapy (individual and as a couple) a luxury? Think of all the money that can be saved.

I don't think many people are in therapy to sit on their behinds and eat bon bons all day. Therapy is hard work and a sacrifice and most people go for therapy when they are almost at the end of their rope. And it isn't always money saved because of how many homes would be broken apart without therapy. Keeping two homes isn't cheaper.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains