Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Pastrami Chicken Roll-ups--I need a substitute

Dev80

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 8:51 am
So, I always made this in America with Creamy French Dressing (made roll up, dipped chicken in it, rolled in bread crumbs...wallah) but I can't find it here in any of the American Makolets (I've only seen the country french which is a reddish color)

So, does anyone have a good substitute that they've tried? Preferably without honey cuz it's a tad expensive over here. TIA

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 9:11 am
Here you go.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/F......aspx
Enjoy your dinner!

crush

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 9:12 am
I use California French dressing for that, do they have that? It was yummy Wink

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 10:30 am
oops, I only noticed now that you wanted a dressing without red/tomato ingredients in it.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/F......aspx
Use soy milk instead of the milk.

Or you can use this one, and substitute the sour cream with mayonnaise or Toffuti sour cream.
http://southernfood.about.com/.....z.htm

Dev80

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 10:38 am
thanks ra-mom. I'm debating between buying country french dressing or attempting one of these. I want to make it for shabbos and we're gonna have bochurim so I'm a little nervous about making my own dressing in case it flops (I've had a few flops when we've had bochurim so I want this time to be good). But maybe I will try the second allrecipes.com one. Thanks for taking the time to find them for me.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 10:46 am
Dev80 wrote:
thanks ra-mom. I'm debating between buying country french dressing or attempting one of these. I want to make it for shabbos and we're gonna have bochurim so I'm a little nervous about making my own dressing in case it flops (I've had a few flops when we've had bochurim so I want this time to be good). But maybe I will try the second allrecipes.com one. Thanks for taking the time to find them for me.
Why don't you make the dressing for supper tonight, and try it over salad? If you like it, use it, or make more, for the chicken. If not, go with the store bought one.

shanie5

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 12:36 pm
Dipping in italian dressing will be fine too-or almost any dressing will do too.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 1:29 pm
What's your recipe for this?

Mine dips them in duck sauce.

shanie5

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 9:34 pm
I use cornflake crumbs-not bread crumbs

Dev80

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 4:13 pm
I ended up using thousand island dressing, and the results were yummy!! Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Sun, Aug 22 2010, 4:25 pm
u could even use mayo and ketchup and some spices in it - it adds someflavor and will make the bread crumbs stick...

glad it worked out!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey