Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
TOILET TRAINING 3 YEAR OLD

amother

Post Wed, Sep 01 2010, 11:18 am
My son is over three years old already, and he simply doesnt want to go to the toilet. I ask him every few minutes and he says he doesnt want to go or need to go, but then he makes in his oants. I just dont know what to do anymore! im going nuts! HELP

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Sep 01 2010, 11:27 am
Yeah... me too.

Although for some reason he's been agreeable to sitting on the toilet in the past couple days. He refuses to sit to poop though and I had a few messes to clean up today since I have him completely naked in an effort to get him to toilet train.

greeneyes

Post Wed, Sep 01 2010, 11:28 am
Maybe he's just not ready? For a while my daughter (who is also over 3) was doing something similar, so I asked a few experienced moms for advice & they suggested putting her back in diapers & just forgetting about the whole thing for a few weeks. I tried that & it worked out well for us. After a little bit she started asking to wear underwear again, and she kept them dry for the most part. She still has some accidents, but it is more manageable. I still give her a choice each day: do you want to wear a diaper or underwear today & she almost always chooses underwear. I feel that since I have relaxed about the whole thing, it has gotten smoother.

Also, do you have some kind of incentive for him, like a sticker chart or a chocolate chip every time he goes to the bathroom?

Good luck!! Toilet training can be so not fun!!

catonmylap

Post Wed, Sep 01 2010, 11:55 am
We took a rather drastic approach..
Due to his almost being 3.5 and about to start gan...

-we took away all diapers completely.
-we took away all clothing...he only got underpants if he peed.
-in the morning we took him to the bathroom right away, when he refused to go , we locked him in...at first we at least got pee in the bathroom...(now he goes to the potty in the morning and pees in it; it took persistence for him to accept it.)
-he still doesn't quite tell us when, but when we see him holding himself - we make him go to the bathroom.

a couple accidents set us back today...but we can at least go out w/him and send him to gan ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training