Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How to know when human bites are dangerous?

Kugel lover

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 3:31 pm
My daughter got a bite in playgroup. What are signs to know if I should bring her to the dr. to check it out?

c.c.cookie

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 3:35 pm
The only time I might worry is if it actually pierced the skin. Otherwise it might look nasty, but nothing to worry about.

Kugel lover

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 3:37 pm
K thanks!

amother

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 10:41 pm
And even then (having had experience with this Sad ) the dr. usually says to wash it with soap and water, put on some bacitracin and a band-aid and use tylenol and ice for the pain. As long as your chid's tatanus shot was up to date, and the child who bit has had his immunizations, they're not too concerned. It will swell and bruise, and watch for any signs of infection.
Refuah Sheleima!

amother

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 10:41 pm
And even then (having had experience with this Sad ) the dr. usually says to wash it with soap and water, put on some bacitracin and a band-aid and use tylenol and ice for the pain. As long as your chid's tatanus shot was up to date, and the child who bit has had his immunizations, they're not too concerned. It will swell and bruise, and watch for any signs of infection.
Refuah Sheleima!

allergypro

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 11:06 pm
My dd came home from school with a human bite last year. I took her to the ped. and he said he wasnt sure if her skin was pierced or not (it was already very swollen). She was up to date on her tetanus shot so she didnt need that, but she did need antibiotics for a week. He said that a human bite can be more dangerous than an animal bite. (If it pierces the skin)

amother

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 11:33 pm
My dr. didn't give antibiotics, allergypro. Maybe different doctors treat differently.
As long as the child stays healthy Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics