Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Where can I buy unlocked Iphone in NY - ch or boropark...

naama

Post Mon, Sep 20 2010, 2:31 pm
Where can I buy unlocked Iphone in NY preferable in Crown Heights or Boro Park??

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Sep 20 2010, 7:06 pm
I have tmobile. When I bought my phone outright I verified first with them that if I keep the receipt and then fax it in to the service center they would unlock it. I imagine it may work the same with iphone. it didn't matter where I bought it as long as I show fully paid receipt (as opposed to disct with 2 year contract or wtvr). HTH

bluebird

Post Mon, Sep 20 2010, 7:18 pm
naama wrote:
Where can I buy unlocked Iphone in NY preferable in Crown Heights or Boro Park??

Apple and AT&T do not allow unlocking of the iPhone, period. Do you need the iPhone to be unlocked because you plan to use it on T-Mobile or another US GSM carrier?

I would check Craigslist or eBay for someone in your area selling theirs already unlocked.

mc'cutie

Post Mon, Sep 20 2010, 7:33 pm
if you buy an iphone with firmware thats less than 3.0 you can easly unlock it..
You have to be careful not to upgrade it when you plug it into itunes for setup.

If you have any questions you can PM me.

naama

Post Mon, Sep 20 2010, 8:01 pm
The reason I need a unlocked is because I live out of America and it cost a fortune here. And I cant buy it with a plan since I dont live in USA.

Someone told me that in Canada they sell unlocked iphones in regular apple stores. Is that true?

bluebird

Post Mon, Sep 20 2010, 8:26 pm
naama wrote:
The reason I need a unlocked is because I live out of America and it cost a fortune here. And I cant buy it with a plan since I dont live in USA.

Someone told me that in Canada they sell unlocked iphones in regular apple stores. Is that true?

Apple sells unlocked iPhones in Canada and Europe.

In Canada prices start at $599 (Canadian dollars, $582 US dollars)

In the UK prices start at £419.00 (Canadian dollars, $654 US dollars)

Those prices are for the 3GS. The iPhone 4 will run at least $150 more.

(edited to fix links)

ValleyMom

Post Mon, Sep 20 2010, 9:13 pm
That's insane... Just get some other phone... Or a large appliance for the kitchen. Or 1/2 a human hair sheitel, or 2 weeks tuition...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains