Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Vehi Sheomdoh

dGirl

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 12:12 pm
Can we put together a list please of all the cover artists of Shwekey's Vehi Sheomdoh please?

Thank you!

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 2:19 pm
No one that I know of! Maybe only shloime daskal?

dGirl

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 2:38 pm
I've got on my Ohad 'My Music' CD - was wondering if there are others.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 3:04 pm
deleted

Last edited by shabbatiscoming on Wed, Oct 06 2010, 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 4:19 pm
HOW WEIRD IS THIS, just as I read this thread, I listened to this morning's JM in the AM where they played HASC 23 which had Avraham Fried and helfgott I believe singing Vhi Sheomdo LOL!

Isramom8

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 4:46 pm
Let me say something inspring about this song. Rav Lau Jr. said in public that the tune mamash fits the words. Because in the traditional, old tune, the part about the world trying to detsroy us in every generation is sung loudly and with enthusiasm, but the part about HKBH saving us kind of peters out. But in this new tune, the emphasis is at all the right places.

The tune has a hechsher! Very Happy

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 5:16 pm
It's one of the most beautiful songs ever.

Isramom8

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 5:19 pm
Appropriate...inspiring...hopeful...kadosh. Gotta praise authentic Jewish music when it comes along!

dGirl

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 11:22 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
HOW WEIRD IS THIS, just as I read this thread, I listened to this morning's JM in the AM where they played HASC 23 which had Avraham Fried and helfgott I believe singing Vhi Sheomdo LOL!

Mama Bear, I just looked it up and I believe it's Avraham Fried, Lipa, and Dedi.

dGirl

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 11:23 pm
And thank you everyone for the contributions - if there are moer, keep em coming! It's such a beautiful meody for such powerful words.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics