Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Advice please???

amother

Post Wed, Oct 13 2010, 4:53 pm
So, my 3+ yr old was kicked out of nursery for refusing to go potty. He's very adverse to the idea but I have 1 month bf I have to pull him out for the whole year and someone else takes his spot. I decided yesterday to just put underwear on him but to give him a pull up if he has to poo (so he wouldnt get constipated as he did before.) Its a lot of work, I stay home thhe whole day with him and my almost 2 yr old. He holds it in the entire day. Thats what he did yesterday. Today, at around 3, he told me he has to poo so I put on his pull up and he just let out a whole days worth of pee! The whole day is a waste! Am I just trying to worse a kid who isn't ready? Should I give up or just push hard and revise my plan a bit? Can a 3 + year old really be not ready?

Aidelmom

Post Wed, Oct 13 2010, 6:25 pm
Have you tried bribing him? Also - daven - Prayer works! DD was also like this, and she still has accidents but b'a'h not in gan. We trained her over succos. It was the only time she and I could stay home together. I told her I would take her to the store and buy her any treat she wants. she chose lollypops I then let her suck a lollypop when she was on the toilet. she never finished them. eventually she relaxed enough to go on the toilet but still had lots of accidents on the floor until she started telling me sometimes that she had to go. maybe let him go with no underwear.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 13 2010, 6:30 pm
ive tried EVERYTHING. Im at home with my kids; am I selfish for wanting him to be potty trained so that he can go to school?

Aidelmom

Post Wed, Oct 13 2010, 6:34 pm
amother wrote:
ive tried EVERYTHING. Im at home with my kids; am I selfish for wanting him to be potty trained so that he can go to school?

How long have you tried for? I'd say to try for a week and if it doesn't work, wait a few weeks and try again. I think the pull ups really could confuse him btw. b'h I got the gan to agree to let her go with a diaper and I would come and change her if she was dirty. I was working at home at the time.

shenki

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 4:06 pm
I tried for so long and DD just didn't listen.
Then my nephew went on the potty so I told my sister to call DD every day and tell her how big my nephew is.
Also when we went to my mother my sisters made a huge issue every time he went to toilet.
The result after mitshening for months one day DD decided that she's big.
Went to the toilet and is trained since then without accidents.

octopus

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 4:18 pm
whoa, whoa, whoa....hold your horses! you can't pressure a kid to be potty trained. You might be putting too much pressure on your kid (consciously and/or subconsciously) which will completely backfire on you. And you are putting too much pressure on yourself! What is exactly at stake here? Are you working and cannot have your child at home right now (until potty trained)? You said you might lose a spot in the school- okay, but I can think of worse things...(schools are just notorious for being not understanding to little boys with bathroom issues- in that respect playgroups are way more understanding- though there are flip sides to those too). You don't want this to become a power struggle between you and your child. Some kids may lose interest in toilet training even if they were previously interested in it. If I were you, I would just let things be- Keep my kid home or put in a playgroup and just let things be until the child shows interest. That's just my opinion, though, and others will surely differ!

amother

Post Mon, Oct 25 2010, 5:12 am
_soooooo_ been there. We consider it "school trained" if your kids can hold it (without "withholding" in a dangerous way) during school hours. So, if your child pees at school once, they can hold everything else until 3:15pm or whenever school is out.

Who cares if they wear a diaper at home for 6 more months? I wouldn't let on that your child has accidents at home or they will be less tolerant of the ones at school.

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Oct 25 2010, 5:23 am
Oy... are you me? LOL

Thankfully the gan has agreed to take him, they just call me when he poops and I have to change him.

The first week or 2 he refused to even sit on the toilet at gan. Now he sits but refuses to go.

I've tried rewards, bribes, having him naked.... nothing works. So for now we're 'ignoring' it....

Oh and my son is 3 1/2.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training