Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Waking up shrieking in middle of the night

newmother

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 9:59 am
My ds is 13 months old and have been sleeping through the night since he was around nine months old. He would always wake up at least once throughout the night and just need his pacifier put back in. I never minded since many of my friends babies were still up multiple times throughout the night. Recently ds has started waking up shrieking numerous times throughout the night and it takes at least twenty minutes to put him back to sleep. He does not want a pacifier or a bottle, all he wants is to be held. Once I pick him up I can't put him back down without him freaking out.

Last night he woke up 5 times! I feel like I am dealing with a newborn again! What should I do? He also has been resisting naps and bedtime- does that mean I should sleep train him again? Any advice would be appreciated!

Kayza

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 5:14 pm
Any radical change in pattern of this sort needs to be checked out. For starters, get him to your pediatrician and get a full checkup. Secondly, keep a food diary, and see if there is a pattern of better or worse days.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics